এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Technical Coordinator (Gender and Community Mobilisation)
Job description: Job Context
- Duty Station: Any of the CHT Districts
- Project: Leadership to Ensure Adequate Nutrition (LEAN) Project
- Grade: III A
- Reporting to: Project Director, LEAN Project
- Supervision of staff: 3 ATCs relating to result 2; leadership/mentoring support to all district team members and stakeholders in the district of deployment.
- Commencement: Latest by15 January 2021
- Project Background:
- The Leadership to Ensure Adequate Nutrition (LEAN) project aims to improve maternal and child nutrition in the remote areas of Chittagong Hill Tracts (CHT) through a consortium of six partners led by United Purpose (UP). LEAN Project consists of members from consortium partners. The project aims to break the perpetual cycle of under nutrition in 18 selected Upazilias under the Districts of Rangamati, Bandarban, and Khagrachari of CHT. The project is funded by the European Commission (EC) to improve maternal and child nutrition for 282,000 pregnant and lactating women, children under 5 and adolescent girls by providing holistic, nutrition-sensitive and nutrition-specific livelihoods models to diversify diets and income for the most vulnerable whilst working with local, district and national government to promote nutrition-sensitive governance at all levels. The project aims to achieve following three specific results across three districts of CHT:
- Improve capacity, commitment and accountability of national, regional and local institutions for a better integration of nutrition services in CHT;
- Enhance awareness, demand and consumption of nutritious food and direct nutrition inputs (DNIs), and improve WASH practices
- Strengthen vertical and horizontal alliances for nutrition sensitive, transparent and climate smart value chains.
- Summary of Role for the incumbent;
- Role-1: Technical Coordinator (TC) for Result-2, shall provide technical leadership support and guidance for all the specific activities and are responsible for output management for the result 2(Enhanced awareness, demand and consumption of nutritious food intake of direct nutrition inputs (DNls) and improve WASH practices) leading successful implementation of all activities across the 3 hill districts.
- Role-2: As a member of senior leadership team of LEAN Project, the TC shall act as Chair of District Implementation Unit (DIU); will support the Project Director in providing leadership, vision development, capacity building and mentoring support to all the district team members and stakeholders for all the overall project in the district of deployment. While the District Manager is responsible for operational management for all activities at the district level.
- Under the direct management and supervision of Project Director, the Technical Coordinator-Gender and Community will perform as Output Manager of Result 2 in the project with support from Technical coordinator Nutrition and WASH. More specifically will perform the following duties and responsibilities;
- Ensure sound financial and administrative processes for UP components in project at the district level.
- With the guidance of LEAN project Director, develop capacity and support the District Managers in enabling the implementing partners to implement project interventions and financial activities, take corrective measures where necessary;
- Participate in review, monitoring and evaluation processes of implemented activities/ partnerships in collaboration with the M&E team of LEAN project
- Provide technical leadership and support and ensure:
- Effective Social Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) on Nutrition and WASH at the community level through communications, dissemination and advocacy and campaign in the project areas.
- Development of communication and training modules and materials for district team and for the target group; Plan content for IEC materials, disseminate and monitor their utilization and provide periodic updates.
- School based awareness on WASH and nutrition, engagement of school level stakeholders on exercising demo nutritional garden at school and or community, effective campaigns at school catchment, link between school and catchment established through innovation, solutions to integrate nutrition sensitive interventions;
- Full functioning of adolescent clubs focusing girls, integrate relevant nutritional intervention in club establish link between club and community for girls and women empowerment;
- Effective negotiation and advocacy with respective institution and promoting Hill District Councils to lead nutrition sensitive activities;
- Establishment and strengthening of women business centers/ organization/group as vibrant and sustainable multi-purpose information and service hubs in collaboration with relevant existing government services for CHT;
- In coordination with TC VCD and market development ensure strengthen supply chain for DNI and WASH products by linking with private sector and govt. agencies and so that could sustain as viable business organizations that continue the mission beyond the project.
- Lead in capacity building of ATC and all district team members
- The experiences of the project are well documented and reported, contributing to organizational learning.
- Support project team in exchanging knowledge and learning, and take lead for experience capitalization of project;
- Ensure reports are objective, accurate, transparent and timely in coordination with the project team and project reporting requirements, and updates accurate information about the project on websites and brochures;
- Participate in relevant networks and working groups at national and international level and coordinate with media as needed for coverage of project learning in electronic media and print articles
- In close collaboration with PD leads the engagement and mobilisation of national level public/ private sector for ensuring effective marker linkages for WBC with relevant private sector organisations;
- Coordination and Partnership Management:
- Participate in and contribute to other activities for a better coordination and enhanced impacts of the activities (joint events, training, workshops, etc.)
- Maintain liaison and professional relationships with all relevant stakeholders including the PNGOs, service providers and market actors for smooth implementation of the collaborative activities.
- Empower DIU team to engage district and upazila level public extension agencies to update knowledge and skills of front-line actors like WBC entrepreneurs, local service providers, Adolescent club leaders etc. on nutrition sensitive/ specific interventions.
- Develop network with government administration, local government institutions, local actors, other stakeholder, media, CSOs and with others as appropriate.
- Initiate advocacy, lobbying on different issues related to achievement of LEAN project objectives (all results) across three districts of CHT.
- Initiate advocacy, lobbying on different issues related to other two results within the district of duty.
- Liaise with Government, relevant Ministries, partner organizations, communities and other relevant stakeholders
- Project Monitoring and Learning:
- Coordinate with Coordinator Monitoring and Result Management and assist implementation of overall monitoring and result measurement plan of the project.
- Assist the M&E and District teams in developing a systematic database to store information and analyses information as per the LEAN Project M&E Plan. And facilitate capture lessons learnt and make them available for all.
- Masters in Development studies/ social science or equivalent from any recognized University.
- Degree or other education related to nutrition science and or nutrition governance would be added advantage
- At least 10 year(s)
- Specific skills:
- Behavior change communications
- Gender analysis and gender mainstreaming, Nutrition
- WASH, conflict sensitive project management (Desirable)
- Professional experience :
- 10 years’ working experience with at least 7 years’ experience in management and implementation of Gender and community mobilization, Behavior change communications projects in Bangladesh
- 3-5 years’ working experience with government and NGO counterpart;
- Working experience at CHT will be added value; experience of managing teams
- Experience in capacity building, mentoring and managing staff.
- Experience in managing multi-sectoral programmes and managing teams in different locations
Anywhere in Bangladesh
- As per the organization`s HR policy.
Job date: Thu, 24 Dec 2020 05:06:11 GMT
Apply for the job now!