এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Technical Manager, Youth Employment, Youth Activity in Bangladesh
Company: FHI 360
Job description: FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Technical Manager, Youth Employment, Bangladeshi Youth Activity in Bangladesh.
FHI 360 seeks a Technical Manager, Youth Employment, for an anticipated USAID Bangladeshi Youth Activity. The project will aim to bolster youth’s income; resilience to violent extremism/ and anti-democratic values; and to provide youth the skills and abilities to advocate for good governance and to improve Bangladesh’s self-reliance. The project will build skills and empower in- and out-of-school youth to increase their employability, civic engagement and contribution to the economic growth of Bangladesh. The project’s three objectives will include: Increase civic awareness and resilience to anti-democratic and violent extremism values; Strengthen youth participation in community-improvements and decision-making processes; Improve the marketability and employability of youth to connect them to sustainable livelihoods and income generating opportunities.
This position is contingent on funding.
The Technical Manager, Youth Employment, will lead identification of proven models and approaches that deliver labor market relevant skills which will improve both employability for the individual and productivity for their employer; to be integrated throughout the Program. Skills are defined broadly and can encompass work readiness skills, soft skills, sector specific technical skills, entrepreneurial skills, among others as needed by the target populations and employers. The Technical Manager, Youth Employment, will report to the DCOP. Other responsibilities will include:
- Facilitates lasting relationships among employers, workforce development providers and
- government entities in support of their efforts to secure employment or career advancement for youth.
- Enhances partnerships with industry, government and community partners to develop a system for the collection, analysis and regular, widespread dissemination of labor market demand data to employers, workforce development providers, and the public.
- Works to proactively assist in identifying local, regional and national opportunities for public/private partnerships to support the employment and career advancement efforts of youth to enable them to secure jobs in targeted sectors.
- BS/BA or its international equivalent in youth development, international relations, social sciences, or a related field; Master’s Degree preferred;
- A minimum of 8 years’ professional experience with at least four years in a senior technical role on donor-funded programs related to managing field-based workforce and curricula development initiatives;
- Technical knowledge and experience in skills development, curriculum development, positive youth development, related support services for at-risk youth, and youth workforce development interventions, preferably in Bangladesh;
- Experience working with civil society organizations, government institutions, and the private sector to advocate for youth;
- Experience with USAID rules and regulations and experience; working in an international NGO environment highly desirable;
- Advanced level of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English required; language skills in Bengali highly preferred.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a , professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Job date: Sun, 06 Sep 2020 04:56:24 GMT
Apply for the job now!