এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Technical Officer -Health, Hygiene and Nutrition & Women Empowerment (TO-HHN&WE)-(Female)
Job description: Job Context
Eco-Social Development Organization (ESDO) started its journey in 1988 with a noble vision to stand in solidarity with the poor and marginalized. Being a peoples` centered organization, ESDO envisioned for a society which will be free from inequality and injustice, a society where no child will cry from hunger and no life will be ruined by poverty. Near about three decades of relentless efforts to make this happen, ESDO has embraced new grounds and opened up new horizons to help the disadvantaged and vulnerable people to bring meaningful and lasting changes in their lives. During this long span, ESDO has adapted with the changing situation and provided the most time-bound services especially for the poor and disadvantaged. A community focused and people centered approach has been adapted by ESDO while consideration was given to the national policy and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as its guiding principle. ESDO is one of the most dynamic organizations expanding its development interventions across 273 upazilas under 49 districts of Bangladesh covering over 8.46 million poor and vulnerable people. As partnership with CARE Bangladesh, ESDO is implementing the Strengthening Household Ability to Respond to Development Opportunities (SHOUHARDO III) program funded by USAID and GoB in Bakshiganj & Islampur Upazila of Jamalpur District. ESDO is inviting applications from interested female qualified candidates for the position.
- The Technical Officer-Health, Hygiene and Nutrition& Women Empowerment (TO-HHN&WE) is mainly responsible for capacity building through providing training and regular on the job support to the Field Trainers (FTs) to better understand the SHOUHARDO III Program goal, purposes, strategies, field modules and guidelines etc., includes environmental compliances and be able to implement activities in an integrated and qualitative manner.
- She will also provide backstop support to FTs to train concerned Natural Leaders especially local level health service providers and private community based skilled birth attended (PCSBA) and also with the UPNNPC. The TO-HHN & WE will spend quality time to work with MoH&FW counterparts to continue advocacy to ensure supplies and services for PEPs.
- She will also guide the FTs to prepare and implement their work plans. The TO-HHN&WE will be responsible to link the communities with the relevant government, NGO and private sector actors.
- She will also make sample checks on the FTs and Natural Leaders’ works to ensure integration and quality implementation of program of activities in the field. The major responsibilities are-
- Guide project/organization in planning of Health, Hygiene and Nutrition (HHN) and Women Empowerment (WE) domains in line with updated DIP effectively and in a coordinated fashion
- Support PM/UC to prepare yearly and bi-monthly/monthly plans (district, upazila, union and villages) for implementation, monitoring activities and preparing cash call
- Strengthen capacity of Field Trainers-HHN&WE through consistent training, orientation and on-job support/implement HHN and WE interventions at field level
- Ensure backstop support to Field Trainers in developing capacity of local level health service providers and private community based skilled birth attended (PCSBA), CG & CSG, EKATA leader, Male Champion, WASH market sellers, VDC and para-based/ati-based leaders’ capacity
- Support Field Trainer on capacity building of UPNNPC and govt representative so that they are able to deliver training to the community groups
- Ensure quality implementation of SHOUHARDO III Health, Hygiene and Nutrition (HHN) and Women Empowerment interventions at the field leve
- Sample check on FTs, MLs, WE leaders, Male Champions’ actions in adherence to required skills and guidelines
- Ensure environmental compliance through effective and efficient use of project assets and resources
- Assist FTs and Natural Leaders with facilitation of environmental operational and awareness messages as will be assigned.
- Ensure representation of internal and external networks with district and Upazila level for necessary support, technical, scale up, advocacy, sustainability and other appropriate purposes
- Link local level health service providers and private community based skilled birth attended (PCSBA), WE leaders, Male Champion and upazila/union level latrine sellers/entrepreneurs as appropriate etc. with district/Upazila level government and NGO officials, and other relevant actors
- Work with community/ UPs / PNGOs with environmental issues as community support in WASH (Latrines and Tube wells)
- Assist CARE HHN & WE technical team and also Knowledge Management Unit in capturing and documenting program learning, especially success stories all types of research activities and contribute to program learning
- Ensure HHN & WE related program documentation and timely reporting; Support preparation of quarterly Progress Report and ARR reports including success story
- Work at office
- Masters in Social Science/Masters of Public Health or any other disciplines
- At least 5 year(s)
- Only females are allowed to apply
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in the field of maternal child health and nutrition, women empowerment especially in food security program.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Bangla
- Report writing, documentation and computer skills (MS Office especially MS word, MS Excel and MS Power point) and Internet tools.
- Good communication and facilitation capacity
- Willing to drive motorcycle and should have valid driving license.
Jamalpur (Bakshiganj, Islampur)
- Tk. 31,298/- per month
Compensation & Other Benefits
- As per program design
Location: Islampur, Mymensingh
Job date: Sun, 06 Dec 2020 00:09:15 GMT
Apply for the job now!