চট্রগ্রামের চাকরির খবর
Job title: Training Officer : COVID-19 & Occupational Safety and Health
Job description: Job Context
- Training Officer – COVID_19 & Occupational Safety and Health (#OSH) Awareness in the Ready made garments (RMG) sector/industry.
- The project is an integrated response across two components : COVID_19 & Occupational Safety and Health (#OSH)
- Key Selling Points : The Training Officer is an integral member of the project team and will be responsible to assist PC for directing, organizing different training, develop manuals, Materials and managing project activities. His/her principal responsibility will be carrying out project activities according to project action plan, ensuring appropriate training for garments workers, preparing periodic report and developing IEC materials, Assist PC for Coordination with different stakeholders (DC, BGMEA, Factory management/owners, Community leaders, Dept of Labor) etc.
- Location : Chittagong City Corp & metropolitan areas of CTG, Bangladesh.
- Reports to : Director – Program
- Contract duration : Initially Up to 09 Months (31st Sept 2021)
- Organizational Context:
- AGRAJATTRA is Women headed non-profitable, non-political, non-governmental voluntary, National & International (Commonwealth) award-winning L/NNGO based in Chittagong & Cox`sbazar, Bangladesh. AGRAJATTRA`S vision is a fair society where peace, social justice, good governance and gender equity will remain. Our main areas of work include Women`s Leadership development & empowerment, Child protection, Gender/VAWG, Social & Environmental compliance in the RMG Industries, Life-skills education and humanitarian response & DRR in emergency situations as well as Rohingya refugee crisis (General distribution, Food security & livelihoods, Shelter/NFI development, WASH, Health, Hygiene & Nutrition, Protection (GBV, SRHR, MHPSS), Child Protection, Education, Site development, Energy & Environment sectors) etc.
- Since 2005 we are implementing several projects in above sub/areas supported by Oxfam GB, GIZ/BMZ Germany, AAID Bangladesh/EC, Maxwell stamp & CARE BD/EU to provide the following activities, like Leadership development & Good governance, Rights & Entitlements of RMG workers, Inclusion of PWD people in the ind. as well as comply with disable friendly workplace, Bangladesh Labor law, ILO core elements, OSH, Safety issues, Social & Environmental Compliance in the industry etc. Having coverage 250 Nos. Ready made garments industries at CTG and appo. 80,000 Ready-made garments workers & child labors, CBA, Local trade unions, Sectoral trade unions leaders & associations for uplift the standardization & compliance of Bangladeshi Industries. AGRAJATTRA has had several Women cafe / centers since 2007 in different locations of Ready-made garments workers prone areas in Chattrogram.
- Operational/Context Role:
- Agrajattra looking for qualified Training Officer (TO) for COVID_19 and Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) awareness program for Ready made Garments (RMG) factory workers at Chittagong city Corp areas.
- GOAL : COVID 19 measures for the textile sector in Bangladesh. Intend to enhance the knowledge on COVID 19 related issues among textile and garment workers in Bangladesh and to take necessary preventive measures to eliminate or minimize the risks associated with COVlD 19.
- The Training Officer (TO) will responsible to assist for directing, organizing and managing project activities. His/her principal responsibility will be carrying out project activities according to project action plan, ensuring appropriate training for garments workers, establishing workers cafe if required, preparing periodic report and developing IEC materials, Coordination with different stakeholders (DC, BGMEA, Factory management/owners, Community leaders, Dept of Labor) etc.
- To awareness on COVID-19 pandemic and Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) Awareness in the Ready made garments (RMG) sector/industry.
- Training facilitation, supervise and lead project team to carry out day-to day activities with supportive manner;
- Preparing periodic action plan and budget and also ensured its implementation;
- Take lead to design and roll out campaigns
- Developing team activity plan as well as outline and take lead for advocacy and lobbying;
- Track the progress and quality of work being performed by designed project plan;
- Produce quality report and maintain deadline (monthly, quarterly and annually) in submission of report both Bangla & English.
- Mobilizing and networking with worker’s organization (both factory and national level
- organization) mainly relating to garments and tannery sector;
- Maintaining strong liaison with worker’s organization, employers organizations, regulatory authorities, government agencies etc.;
- Oversee the project activities developing M&E tools and apply it accordingly;
- Carry out need assessment and other surveys as required within the project;
- Oversee the overall activities in conducting training and preparing report as required;
- Documentation of project documents and meeting minutes;
- Assist PC for Maintaining regular coordination with local administrative level (DC, UNO), Dept of Labor, Donor organization, workers forums and other stakeholders and keep them informed about project status;
- Developing partnerships and collaborative arrangements with other organizations and stakeholders and maintaining regular communication with government agencies and other like minded organizations;
- Preparing IEC materials as well as campaign brief like brochure, leaflet, fact sheet, Keynote paper.
- Should have Valid Motor cycle driving license.
- Work at office
- Bachelor of Social Science (BSS)
- Graduate/ Post graduate in any subject of Social Science, English, Political Science from any reputed university.
- Training/Trade Course: COVID19
- Skills Required: COMPUTER OFFICE MANAGEMENT, Effective Communication, Management and Leadership, Monitoring and Leadership, Reporting and Documentation, TOT (Training of Teachers), Training Materials Development
- At least 2 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
Administrative, Bangladesh Labor Law, Communication/ Public Relation/ Media, Community Awareness, Community Engagement, COMPUTER OFFICE MANAGEMENT, Manual Development/ Documentation, Monitoring, Project Coordinator/ Officer, Ready made garments sector * Freshers are also encouraged to apply.
- Age 25 to 45 years
- Both males and females are allowed to apply
- Working experience on labour rights issue & comprehensive understanding.
- At least 03 years experience on project management & in the field of human rights/development
- Min 05 years working experience in development sector.
- Desirable Job Requirement ;
- Understanding on labor rights, gender and human rights and working experience in the field of labor rights will be added advantage
- Good interaction capacity will be preferred
- Knowledge on ToT and IEC materials
- Good command skill in both verbal and written in Bangla and English
- Sound knowledge in MS Office specially MS-Word, MS-Excel & Power Point operating system, internet and other IT applications.
- Maintaining EC funded Project will be regard as an added advantage.
- Age may be considerable for more experience person.
Chattogram (Chattogram Sadar)
Tk. 24000 – 25000 (Monthly)
Compensation & Other Benefits
- T/A, Mobile bill, Tour allowance, Provident fund
- Salary Review: Yearly
- Festival Bonus: 2
- Two festival bonus equivalents to 50% gross salary for each festival after confirmation.
- Other benefits will be enjoyed with rules of Organization HR Policy.
Expected salary: 24000 – 25000 per month
Job date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 04:41:31 GMT
Apply for the job now!