এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Training Specialist – Education for Rohingya Children project
Job description: Job Context
- Samaj Kallayan O Unnayan Shangstha (SKUS) envisions a peaceful, prosperous and poverty-free society that ensures everyone`s basic needs and rights. SKUS has since the 2017 Rohingya refugee influx worked in Cox`s Bazar district with children and adolescents. SKUS works to provide access to learning opportunities in a safe and protective environment, offer quality teaching/learning and increase refugee/host community participation and engagement in children`s education. Based on children`s and adolescents` rights, SKUS has established quality learning and protection centres with support from different international donors, including UN agencies. SKUS has an agreement with UNICEF for the project of Education for Rohingya Children at Rohingya Camp in Ukhia Upazila under Cox`s Bazar District. SKUS is looking for a suitable candidate for the immediate appointment of a Training Specialist for the project as mentioned above, supported by UNICEF.
- Purpose of the job
- Under the project coordinator`s guidance, the Training Specialist is responsible for undertaking capacity building initiatives for Rohingya refugee project staff to ensure project initiatives` quality implementation. S/he will be reportable to the Project Coordinator and maintain a professional relationship with other project personnel of SKUS. Training Specialist responsible for a training plan, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of session facilitation ensures appropriate delivery among the project beneficiaries. S/he will be responsible for quality delivery with support from team members, which impact positively on the lives of the Rohingya children and adolescents living in the Cox`s Bazar district of Bangladesh through access to learning opportunity in a safe and protective environment, quality teaching/learning and increase refugee/host community participation and engagement in children`s education. S/he is also responsible for developing a curriculum and designing a training plan for other stakeholders linked with the SKUS project initiatives and its catchment areas.
- Produce annual training plan jointly with the other team members in line and agreed with the donor and execute it periodically & effectively to ensure the project’s sustainability beyond the project end.
- Conduct training on Early Childhood Care and Development and LCFA.
- To ensure that training contents, materials, and methodology are adequately specified and documented, meets the beneficiaries’ requirements, and evaluate appropriately. To design training materials that reflects project objectives and goal.
- Work with the Project Coordinator and Technical Coordinator of the Rohingya refugee Project at Ukeiya/Teknaf under Cox’s Bazar district in developing the micro action plan for program quality management. S/he will monitor project implementation progress and gives input where necessary based on quality improvement.
- Conduct field level visits to monitor program quality using the classroom observation formats and help as functional experts solve problems where required.
- Organize/facilitate training, meeting for staff members in light of the capacity building. Emphasis is given to on-the-job training at the field level and ensures that quality delivery are in place
- Guide/support field-level colleagues to develop curriculum, session plan, session materials, and Ed-tech, etc.
- Ensure that the monthly progress report, the quarterly progress report is prepared and shared on time with the Technical Coordinator/Project Coordinator.
- Ensure the project team’s capacity to implement project initiatives effectively with high impact according to an agreement with the donor. Ensure that participatory community approaches are used to implement the Education for Rohingya Children to ensure community participation.
- Provide necessary assistance and guide other colleagues to ensuring proper facilitation for the appropriate beneficiary selection process, community need assessment and capacity analysis.
- Undertake a necessary assessment to Identify individuals’ training needs in line with organizational goals and project interventions. Organize in-house and or On Job Training/orientation as per the requirements for project staff members. Also, provide advice and assistance, as required, to colleagues for their development.
- Orient other NGOs and other stakeholders on the Standards working in a similar field.
- Supporting team members to make them enable them to give their best, e.g., by encouraging and praising good performance, coaching, assisting staff to prevent or resolve problems, and providing resources, tools, and equipment.
- Ensure compliance with the donor, U.N. agencies, government, SKUS’s rules and regulations, framework partnership agreement, etc.
- Assist Technical Coordinator and Monitoring & Reporting Officer to Contribute & Implement SKUS Education Support Project in light of humanitarian principles and standards.
- Ensure that SKUS administrative, financial, and resource management policies and regulations are understood, implemented, and followed by all staff and stakeholders working in the Rohingya Children project’s education.
- Ensure effective management of the project budget. Monitor, evaluate, and ensure that the project activities are consistent with plans, budget lines with full compliance with donor regulations.
- Ensure quality monitoring visits for donors, govt. officials and other stakeholders at the field level
- Coordinate/liaison with donors, I/NGOs, Government officials, camps managements, and other stakeholders linked with the project initiatives and make a joint plan.
- Establish a cordial relationship with other NGOs, education partners, U.N. agencies, International agencies, CiC, Site management, and relevant government officials
- Resolve the field problems after proper consultation with other colleagues and supervisors in time inappropriate manner.
- Represent SKUS in different forums
- Prepare and timely submit reports for senior organizational officials, donors, and other stakeholders as and when required.
- Work at office
- Master of Social Science (MSS) in Social Science, Master of Development Studies (MDS)
- Masters with B.Ed/M.Ed is an advantage. Education qualifications may be relaxed for experienced candidates.
- Skills Required: Computer skill, creativity and innovation, Interpersonal Communication, Report Writing, Training Facilitation, Training Materials Development
- At least 3 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
Non formal education project implementation, Training and Development, Training Facilitation, Training module develop * The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s):
NGO, Training Institutes
- Age 30 to 45 years
- Both males and females are allowed to apply
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in training field staff in medium to large scale implementation projects related to education, especially in ECCD & child-friendly education strategy at Rohingya refugee camp.
- Significant experience preparing training plans, monitoring, curriculum design, organizing training sessions & facilitation, developing materials and training evaluation, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of education and child protection.
- Knowledge of the Inter-agency Network for Education in Emergency (INEE) minimum standards.
- Understanding the dynamics of child education and non-formal education curriculum in Rohingya context.
- HR performance review and professional development assessments.
- Training and workshops facilitation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both Bangla and English.
- Intermediate knowledge of the local language (Chattagram).
- Intermediate knowledge of computer software, particularly on MS Excel, MS Word (both Bangla & English).
- Capacity to innovate and think creatively.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and facilitation skills.
- Facilitation skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimum support.
- Open to taking on additional tasks as required to meet project goals and objectives.
- Ability to adapt to changing situations.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Other characteristics such as personal characteristics
- Enthusiastic and empathetic.
- Highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential.
- Willingness to improve own knowledge and skills by participating actively in any training sessions and capacity-building activities.
- Commitment to child rights, equality and social inclusion.
- Conscientious, with an excellent sense of judgment.
- Willingness to work in refugee camps daily.
- Working Conditions
- The Technical Officer is based at SKUS’s project office located at Ukhiya of Cox’s Bazar.
- S/he will spend approximately 40% of his/her time in the field.
- S/he may have contact with dissatisfied or abusive individuals.
- Person with disability are encouraged to apply
Cox’s Bazar (Ukhia)
- Tk. 55000 – 65000 (Monthly)
- Based on qualification and experience
Compensation & Other Benefits
- As per project
Expected salary: 55000 – 65000 per month
Location: Ukhia, Chittagong
Job date: Tue, 23 Feb 2021 01:12:45 GMT