এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: WaSH Program Manager Bangladesh
Job description: Closing date: April 2, 2021
Title: WaSH Program Manager
Place of assignment: Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh
Type of posting: International Delegate, non-family posting
Desired starting date: July, 2021
Contract period: 12 months
Swedish Red Cross (Swedish RC) has been supporting Bangladesh and the Bangladesh Red Crescent Society (BDRCS) since 1971. Since 2013, the Swedish RC has an in-country presence via its Country Representative.
In 2021, the Swedish RC is working mainly in 3 different locations in Bangladesh:
- Dhaka at the BDRCS
- Jamalpur district on a bilateral resilience program
- Cox’s Bazar district to support the Population Movement Operation (PMO)
Your role in the organisation
The Swedish RC is seeking a WASH Program Manager (WASH PM) to be based in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh. The WASH PM will strengthen the Swedish RC humanitarian support to the on-going protracted crisis of people from Rakhine who sought refuge in Bangladesh.
The WASH PM will lead a small team of national staffs who will work in close partnership with the Bangladesh Red Crescent Society (BDRCS), the IFRC, and the Red Cross Red Crescent (RCRC) Partner National Societies (PNS).
External coordination with the UN, local and international NGO as well as Bangladesh local authorities.
The WASH PM will ensure the day-to-day management and delivery of the Swedish RC-funded team and activities at the PMO. S/he will develop and coordinate high-quality programs, mainly on WASH, Protection, Gender, and Inclusion (PGI) mainstreaming and Green response (environmental sustainability) but not limited to. S/he will conduct regular monitoring visits with BDRCS WASH representatives, coordinate evaluations and audits, follow-up financial and risk management as well as ensure timely quality internal and external reports. One key responsibility will be to give technical support and advice to the BDRCS WASH teams in rolling out the BDRCS PMO WASH Strategic Plan 2021-2023.
The position demands flexibility, diplomacy, and ability to adapt to new priorities. The WASH PM serves as the Swedish RC focal point in Cox’s Bazar / PMO. The position is based in the IFRC PMO office in Cox’s Bazar and reports to Swedish RC Country Representative based in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Ensure timely, effective, transparent, and accountable allocation of the Swedish RC resources in partnership with the BDRCS in Cox’s Bazar, including internal and external reporting.
- Be the key RCRC partner supporting BDRCS in Cox’s Bazar and its WASH partners towards tangible progress on rolling out BDRCS’s WASH Strategic Plan for Cox’s Bazar.
- Assess, plan and lead the transitioning of the operational management of the programme to BDRCS in Cox’s Bazar, in close coordination with the Swedish RC Country Representative and HQ.
- Maintain and consolidate working relationships with the BDRCS, within the wider RCRC Movement and with external stakeholders as requested.
- Bring WASH expertise and technical capacities to the PMO, providing technical advices across BDRCS and RCRC teams as required.
- Design and deliver a high-quality response and recovery program in close cooperation with the BDRCS, the IFRC and the Swedish RC Country Representative.
- Bring specific WASH technical supports to BDRCS, IFRC, Swedish RC, and Movement partners’ WASH teams.
- Contribute / support any emergency which might occur in Cox’s Bazar, under the leadership of the BDRCS / IFRC.
- Ensure all internal / external reporting, monitoring and evaluation are of a high standard, including donor reports.
- Draw regular lessons learnt analysis / workshops with the Swedish RC team (and BDRCS-IFRC) towards improved approaches and consolidated intervention modalities of the BDRCS.
- Ensure full accountability to donors and beneficiaries according to the IFRC standards. Ensure the BDRCS understands and fulfils Swedish RC donor compliance requirements.
- Establish, with the Swedish RC and BDRCS teams, detailed funding proposal and budgets considering all the needs for adequate support of the PfR in camps and the donors’ requirements.
- Define the Human Resources needed for adequate response in the camps in alignment with the BDRCS PMO WASH Strategic Plan 2021-2023.
- Anticipate and propose to the Swedish RC Country Representative technical supports needed from Swedish RC HQ.
- Encourage and ensure BDRCS fully integrate PGI into the WASH programme supported by Swedish RC in 2021. Support the BDRCS becoming a “Green response champion” and the IFRC with cross-cutting thematic e.g. CEA (Community Engagement and Accountability).
- Lead the Swedish RC team in Cox’s Bazar (national staffs) and ensure individual objectives are set and monitored according to the IFRC HR regulations. Identify and propose potential training opportunities to the Swedish RC and BDRCS team as well as linkages with Swedish RC Myanmar as appropriate.
- Organise monthly meetings in Cox’s Bazar with the Swedish RC team and report on the progress and challenges towards the achievement of the BDRCS-Swedish RC objectives.
- Follow-up, support, and remain accountable for the Swedish RC procurement engaged with funds under his/her responsibilities (e.g. procurement requests respect the IFRC procurement policy, are clear, concise, and comprehensive).
- Regular coordination with the Swedish RC Country Representative and provide formal weekly reports every Thursday.
- In charge of the good financial management of Swedish RC resources including a) checking eligibility of program costs, b) monthly review of transactions in the accounting system, c) review and ensure quality of monthly and quarterly financial reports, d) review supporting documentations to ensure compliance with Swedish RC requirements, e) review actuals vs. budget planned, f) review cash requests.
- Fully adhere and comply with the Swedish RC’s protocols and manuals stating the financial and risk management procedures.
- Support the BDRCS WASH department reaching / rolling out an integrated and harmonised BDRCS WASH program in line with the BDRCS’ WASH Strategic Plan for Cox’s Bazar. Ensure relevance vs. the UN Joint Response Plan.
- Work with the BDRCS to develop capacity to successively hand over the operational management of the programme.
- Identify and coordinate specific technical supports to the BDRCS in line with the Swedish RC available technical and financial resources.
- Identify further areas where the Swedish RC could provide added value to the Movement-wide response in Cox’s Bazar and discuss with the Swedish RC Country Representative.
- Work with other Partner National Societies, the IFRC and the ICRC to undertake capacity analysis, capacity building and organisational development of the BDRCS in Cox´s Bazar.
Representation, relationship and communication:
- In close coordination with the Swedish RC Country Representative, the WASH PM is the Swedish RC focal point in Cox’s Bazar with BDRCS, Movement partners and all stakeholders including donors (SIDA, Swedish Embassy, ECHO etc.).
- Organise and participate to field visits as requested.
- Liaise with the Swedish RC HQ Advisors and controllers as needed and required.
- Fully comply with the IFRC security regulations and ensure the compliance of the Swedish RC team in Cox’s Bazar
- Ensure new Swedish RC staff and visitors are aware of the IFRC security regulations and have formally acknowledged them.
- In close liaising with IFRC’s security officers, monitor safety and security risks, report on incidents and take preventative measures as needed.
Required qualifications and experience
The candidate will closely work with and under the direct supervision of the Swedish RC Country Representative based in Dhaka. S/he will have the responsibilities to coordinate with partners involved at the PMO and to report to the Swedish RC Country Representative.
- University Degree in Humanitarian Project Management, Business Administration, Political Sciences, Public Health, Sociology, or related field.
- At least 5 years’ experience in managing humanitarian programs and teams, preferably at the international level.
- Experience of managing WaSH programmes required, technical expertise in Faecal Sludge Managent, Hygiene Promotion and Water Supply is an advantage.
- Experience of capacity development and demonstrated capacities of working with local partners required.
- Strong organizational & reporting skills.
- Good communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal) and pro-active in coordination mechanisms.
- Excellent leadership adapted to South Asia context.
- Fluent written/spoken English language required, Bangla being added value.
- Experience of managing ECHO consortium is an advantage.
- Former working experience in South Asia is an advantage – previous working experiences in Bangladesh / Cox’s Bazar being a strong asset.
- Former experience within the RCRC Movement preferred.
Dates and information regarding application and recruiting process
- Closing date for applications is April 2, 2021.
- Please note that only applications made through our website will be considered.
- Interviews may start before the closing date for applications.
- In selecting candidates Swedish Red Cross use a competency-based model and all candidates will be assessed on the above requirements.
- For more information about the position, please contact: Olle Castell, Head of Unit, Asia, Pacific & Americas, Swedish Red Cross. e-mail: email@example.com
- We kindly decline any offer of services from recruitment agencies or consultants.
Location: Cox’s Bazar, Chittagong
Job date: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 23:07:18 GMT