ঢাকার চাকরির খবর
Job title: Administrative Assistant
Job description: Organizational Setting
FAO Bangladesh assists the Government to formulate policies, programmes and projects to address the root causes of hunger and malnutrition, develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and utilize environmental and natural resources in a sustainable way. It contributes to the development of FAO’s field programme projects in the country and implements them in the sectors of food security, agriculture and rural development.
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) seeks an Administrative Assistant to support the Dhaka Food Systems project (DFS). The DFS project seeks to meet the challenge of feeding one of the world’s fastest growing megacities, Dhaka. It works with young people, the private sector, local governments, the national government, and civil society organizations. The DFS project adopts a dynamic and multi-stakeholder approach to sustainability in order to improve access to nutritious food for all of Dhaka’s population, including the poor.
The Administrative Assistant is under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in the Bangladesh, direct supervision of the Chief Technical Advisor (CTA) for the Dhaka Food systems project, and works in close collaboration with the Operations Specialist in FAO Bangladesh.
The incumbent shall, at all times, ensure coherence with FAO’s corporate communication policy and operational guidelines for all communication and information outputs.
The Administrative Assistant will work as part of a multidisciplinary team to ensure continuous engagement with project stakeholders and partners.
Tasks and responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Chief Technical Adviser of FAO’s Dhaka Food systems project and close collaboration with the Dhaka Food systems team members, public, private and GoB stakeholders, Administrative Assistant will undertake the following tasks:
- Ensure successful planning and organization of logistical arrangements for Project’s events and travel arrangements
- Responsibility for the requisition of vehicles, processing of expenditures related to transport issues, and administration of Project vehicles, fleet management
- Provide support and assistance in the preparation of project materials, including reviewing materials (banners, reports, banners, visiting cards, and reports), managing vendors, printing, translation, distribution, and undertaking revisions when needed.
- Timely delivery of the Project’s day-today administrative correspondence, transparent sharing of information, efficient filing of records, and appropriate follow-up of actions to ensure their successful completion
- Effective maintenance of Project information database
- Support for the maintenance a petty cash system and project advances, as well as electronic and paper filing of relevant administrative and financial information
- Preparation and delivery of administrative and payment documents for approval by the budget holder, according to FAO procedures, and successful processing of Project expenditures incurred, as per the programme budget lines and codes
- Support to the international and national project staff, including the consultants, including allowances, travel claims, expense reports, and other financial procedures, including calculating payments due for the claims and services
- Distribution of all correspondence and communication materials to colleagues and Project stakeholders
- Effective follow-up for project budgeting procedures and financial activities as needed
- Support to international and national personnel related to general administrative matters such as visa, license and security
- Diligent implementation of other duties as required by the Project.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- The qualified candidates should have Bachelors in Finance, Business Administration or from related discipline
- Minimum 2 years of working experience in relevant field
- Excellent written and spoken English and Bangla
- National of Bangladesh
FAO Core Competencies
- Results focus
- Building effective relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Communication: Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication
- Leadership: Ability to be accountable for the delivery of agreed upon results
- Effectiveness: Ability to execute responsibilities to a high-standard
- Ethics and integrity: Demonstrates high ethical behavior and understanding of norms of the Organization
- Punctuality: Timely completion of assigned task
- Self-Improvement: Ability to share knowledge and seek continuous improvement in performance
- Pro-activeness: Ability to take action as per project requirement
FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact:
Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
Only language proficiency certificates from and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Job date: Sun, 13 Sep 2020 04:13:11 GMT
Apply for the job now!