এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Area Specialist
Job description: Job Context
- Dhaka Ahsania Mission (DAM) is one of the leading development organizations in Bangladesh. Health Sector of DAM is running drug treatment and rehabilitation centers and implementing Tobacco Control Program along with it`s other program like primary health care program, communicable and non-communicable diseases prevention program, nutrition program and mental health care program. DAM is going to implement the “USAID Feed the Future Bangladesh Nutrition Activities (BNA) Project” and looking for competent and self-motivated individual for the following position.
- Area Specialist will be responsible for providing necessary support to Bangladesh Nutrition Activity district team. S/he will closely work with the district BNA team, Outreach Specialist, donor and finance officials of project and will support her/his line manager in daily operations.
- Primary Responsibility:
- Overall responsible for smooth running of the respective Upazilla with full implementation of project activities as required by the BNA DAM and DAM authority.
- To ensure quality implementation of the monthly action plan.
- Maintaining liaison with Technical Director.
- Supervise outreach specialists to carry out activities related to capacity building of vendors and market actors, awareness building for consumers and other stakes in the growth center catchment areas.
- Liaise with Upazilla government and private sector stakeholders as and when required in support of project implementation
- Coordinate, negotiate, cooperate and maintain a good relation with team members both in organizations and alliance to update accordingly.
- Provide technical support to Outreach Specialist/Growth center level for routine program implementation.
- Assist Abt MEL Coordinator, Outreach coordinator and TD to develop systematic and realistic action plans that capture project line on Nutrition.
- Support outreach specialists to fulfill their requirement (provide logistic supports to deliver presentations, documents and plans).
- Regular monitoring visits with outreach specialists in GC and Communities.
- Act as a focal person of specific Upazilla (responsible of 2 Upazilla) for communication regarding BNA implementation with UNO, UH&FPO, LGED, DAE, Health, DPHE, DOF, DOL and other relevant government department and different INGOs, NGOs coordinating information request and documentation of best practices for internal and external sharing.
- Attend formal and informal meeting at Upazilla level as well as district level.
- Conduct training needs assessment (TNA), plan training calendar and organize training programs. Ensure timely production and submission of training reports and review training impact at regular intervals.
- Develop and review training curriculums and training materials in printing & digital version.
- Prepare all kinds of reports, minutes are timely and submit to TD.
- Secondary responsibility:
- Ensure documentation of specific work and prepare work plan, progress report of upazila and share with TD and team on monthly basis.
- Support TD to prepare quarterly, half yearly, annual and any other report required by management. Build capacity of outreach specialists to facilitate sessions on Nutrition related knowledge, skills and attitude.
- Build capacity of outreach specialists to facilitate sessions on Nutrition related knowledge, skills and attitude.
- Ensure quality of project activities by introducing & adopting appropriate approach methodology & intervention.
- Qualitative Data collection and assessment as per program requirement.
- Conduct mentoring visit and meeting with Market Management Committee (MMC), Business Association (BA) & Project related stockholders in order to ensure quality of project activities.
- Ensure available IEC/BCC materials to reach target groups.
- Undertake supportive supervision visits to the project areas and provide on-job training to project staff member.
- Prepare that all kinds of information are timely sent to the Central Office, Health sector-DAM for e-news, AMIC Barta and other as per need.
- Perform other duties as and when necessary/needed or assigned to you for the center
- Communication by email, maintain the online BNA platforms and Upazilla program update in DAM monthly newsletter and webpage via TD.
- Work at office
- Advanced university degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas:
- Nutrition and food science, Development studies, Public Health and Nutrition Or any other relevant degree from any recognized university of National and Private.
- Age not more than 40 years.
- The candidate should have at least three (02) years’ experience in a development organization of which at least two (01) years in a supervisory position of Nutrition specialist/manager in any international /or reputed national NGO.
- Specialization: Experience should cover Market system development approach, public Health & Nutrition, child and mother nutrition, adolescent nutrition, child stunting, generational nutrition behavior, nutrition education, nutritional epidemiology etc.
- Previous experience in same project (BNA) will be prioritized.
- Work experience in rural and coastal context.
- Work experience with integrated approach like WASH-Nutrition nexus.
- Work experience on social franchising.
- Ability to motivate and develop others
- Behavioral flexibility and emotionally intelligent with strong logical and analytical skills
- Ability to coach and mentor multi-sectorial partners
- Stress management
- Demonstrated success in managing sub-awards with international consortium including local organizations, NGOs, communities, and parents;
- Familiarity with USAID or other international organizations’ methodologies to improve nutritional outcomes;
- Understanding of the development and nutritional issues in Bangladesh; and Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a team and strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer applications skills including MS Office.
- Excellent organizational skills, with a proven ability to manage multiple competing priorities under strict deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Excellent oral and written English language skills.
- Ability to drive motorbike with valid driving license.
- Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Tk. 56000 (Monthly)
- Other admissible benefits will be provide as per organizational policy and project fund availability
Expected salary: 56000 per month
Location: Patuakhali, Barisal
Job date: Sat, 13 Mar 2021 07:52:51 GMT