খুলনার চাকরির খবর
Job title: Business Support Assistant (SC-4), Khulna
Company: World Food Programme
Job description: .
Are you ready to change lives and save the lives of the world’s most vulnerable people?
If yes, this opportunity is for you!
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
The United Nations World Food Programme is a leading organization delivering food assistance and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. We also support governments of developing countries in their efforts to eliminate hunger and malnutrition by addressing the underlying causes and disparities in access to food and good nutrition to ensure that no one is left behind in line with the Agenda 2030, Sustaining Peace and Agenda for Humanity. WFP is particularly focused on Goal 2 (Zero Hunger) and Goal 17 (Partnerships). Delivering on our mandate of Zero Hunger requires us to have a diverse, inclusive and .
The 2020 Nobel Peace Prize awarded to WFP is recognition that ending hunger is a critical first step towards global peace. WFP recognizes that one of the greatest contributions it can make to humanity is to provide a voice to the 690 million hungry people in the world. The Nobel Peace Prize gives us a platform to make their needs heard and to mobilize support for the assistance they need.
To provide effective support for business process and coordination within the Sub-Office, including office maintenance, security, visitors handling and support to the programme delivery
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the direct supervision of Head of Khulna Sub Office, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties, these include but not limited to:
- Support business related routine tasks in the Sub-Office for effective and timely delivery of programme activities and utilization of resources.
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function.
- Work with a variety of individuals, taking on feedback where appropriate to assist in business support delivery for staff.
- Assist programme staff to plan and execute logistical supports, including planning and coordinating meetings/workshops/seminars etc.
- Support in implementation of security risk management mitigating measures, including Minimum Operating Security Standards (MOSS) of office and vehicles to ensure compliance.
- Welcome visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone, answering or referring inquiries.
- Maintain security by following procedures; monitoring logbook; issuing visitor badges.
- Assist to set up conference calls with Country Office and other Sub-Offices.
- Maintain incoming and outgoing mails with proper documentation and dispatch/distribute to the concerned staff members and handover to the local courier service providers.
- Check and reconcile the invoices from local courier service providers and certify for payment.
- Provide support related to supply chain activities in the field if needed.
- Any other duties assigned by the Head of Sub-Office.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Higher secondary school education with training in Business Support as minimum, preferably bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business Administration or any related field.
Experience: A minimum of four years of progressively responsible work experience including at least two years in the related field. Has demonstrated a sound understanding of WFP business process and awareness of international humanitarian development issues through day to day work.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Bangla
Knowledge & Skills: Training and/or experience utilizing PABX, computer, including word processing, spreadsheet and other WFP standard software packages and systems. General knowledge of UN system administrative policies, rules, regulations and procedures in the area of administration
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Type of Contract : Service Contract (SC)
Duty Station : Khulna, Bangladesh
Contract Duration : 12 months
Monthly Salary : As per WFP policy
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
9 May 2021
Job date: Tue, 27 Apr 2021 06:35:27 GMT
Apply for the job now!