এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Child Protection Officer (Outreach)
Company: Danish Refugee Council
Job description: The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), one of the world’s leading NGOs, with a focus on responding to displacement, have been registered in Bangladesh since 2013. In 2017, in response to the Rohingya influx, DRC launched an integrated program of support to the government in site management, shelter/NFI and protection. In 2018, DRC started implementing aid projects in support of the host communities most affected by the influx of refugees. As a key part of this, DRC opened a main office in Cox’s Bazar, and a support/liaison office in Dhaka.
The Child Protection Officer’s primary function is to ensure quality implementation of the Child protection thematic area in synergy with the larger protection and gender-based violence components which constitute the overall DRC programmed in Cox’s Bazar. He/She is responsible to oversee Camp 2W CP activity Awareness session capacity building for Adolescents club girls CPC Female and Children club meeting biweekly, Meeting with Maji and Imam to aware about our DRC CP activity. And Leading the volunteers at the field level. The CP Officer, in collaboration with the CP Team Leader, is also responsible for representing DRC in any relevant field based thematic meetings with stakeholders and others needed. In addition, He/She will be responsible for ensuring that the work of the team is compliant with donors and internal DRC reporting and accountability policy and procedures.
The CP Officer is also responsible to develop/strengthen relationships with agencies, governance structures (such as the CiCs) – at the field level – in close cooperation with the Child Protection Team Leader.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Ensure daily quality implementation, monitoring and evaluation of child protection- related projects and interventions.
- Engage with the community and community representatives to understand needs and gaps in child protection programming.
- Maintain close contacts with local authorities such as CiCs in the refugee settlement; intervene as and when necessary to protect children.
- Take a leading role in setting up Child Friendly Spaces (CFS) – liaising with the community.
- Take a leading role in setting up the mobile outreach component for girls – identifying needs and designing the modality reflective of that.
- Support child protection cases that come through the information hubs/community service desks in ensuring services respond to the needs of persons of concern, provide them information and resources to access services and make appropriate referrals to other service providers if required.
- Identification of youth leaders and providing technical guidance and support to establish a program for the CFS.
- Support systems and operational procedures of out of home care programs including support systems for foster parents, caregivers, and families.
- Assess the knowledge and utilization of health and other services available for the children.
- Ensure updated filing and documentation of child protection cases in DRC standard tools.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with vulnerable communities, basic needs and distribution programming experience, and/or advocacy programs.
- Experience in protection interventions in line with Refugees operation
- Experience of working with UN or Non-Governmental organizations.
- Good communication skills and ability to conduct training and awareness
- Computer skills (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Good organizational and management skills.
- Fluent in spoken English and strong writing/reporting skills in English.
- Fluent in spoken Chittagonian language.
- Degree- A University degree in social sciences, development studies, guidance and counselling, law, or relevant fields (desirable)
All employees are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values
- Type of contract: National
- Employment Band: H
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Duty station: Cox’s Bazar
- Closing Date for Application: 28th September 2020
APPLICATION PROCESS * Applications must be submitted through the mentioned link on the page by clicking on Apply Button.
- All applicants must send a cover letter along with an updated CV (we encourage CV no longer than four pages) in English.
- Mentioning two referees’ details of your present and past employment’s supervisor with CV.
Note: Applications sent by email will not be considered. In addition, DRC doesn’t charge any fee for any of its recruitment process & believes in equal opportunity in employment regardless.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website: www.drc.ngo.
Location: Cox’s Bazar, Chittagong
Job date: Thu, 24 Sep 2020 07:46:24 GMT
Apply for the job now!