এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Job description: Job Context
- The M&E Specialist shall provide leadership, guidance, and overall direction on the planning and implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities including community information system/integrated management information systemfor the GF-FR-Female Sex Worker Intervention, implementing by Light House Consortium. Reporting to the Team Leader of Light House Consortium, the Specialist will play a key consultative role for all project office and Drop-In-Center based staffs, consortium partners on issues related toHIV and STI prevention program related (for FSWs & their clients) monitoring and evaluation. The M&E Specialist will provide leadership and technical expertise in strategic information for the consortium project office, including but not limited to performance monitoring and analysis at the development objective and project level; program level data gathering/validation; trend monitoring and reporting; and planning and oversight of evaluations and special studies, community information systems, and trail program-based surveys/assessments.
- The M&E Specialist shall exercise extensive independent judgment in planning and carrying out tasks, developing consensus among team, consortium partners, management agencies, representing the consortium lead in critical technical and policy fora, resolving problems and conflicts, and in meeting deadlines. The incumbent will also perform inherently project office functions such as relevant budgeting, developing planning documents, and/or reporting.
- 1. Technical and Management Responsibilities Time Dedication: 70%
- The M&E Specialist works to ensure projectactivity management is strengthened and that results of GF-FR-FSW program efforts are maximized.
- Lead the monitoring and ongoing review of the project Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP). Ensure that the PMP is updated as needed, with meaningful indicators and targets that communicate the impact of project activities. Provide ongoing analysis of project performance in order to identify key issues which require action by the Team Leader and to inform the development of communications materials.
- Lead and provide technical input into the development of operational research, trail program assessments and national surveys as needed.
- Maintain familiarity with current literature and best practices in strategic information relevant to HIV and STI prevention in Bangladesh, especially in regard to performance monitoring; program level data gathering/validation; trend monitoring and reporting; assist the implementation of public health evaluations and special studies; DHIS-2; national surveillance systems; and population-based surveys.
- Oversee and coordinate planning and implementation of all Drop-In-Center and partner’s project office monitoring activities. Support program personnel in M&E of all activities, including coordination of data quality audits, reviewing and providing input on M&E plans, reviewing progress reports, and participating in site visits. Ensure that planned development results are achieved in a highly efficient, effective and timely manner, consistent with GF-FR requirements.
- Lead project office reporting including the Performance Plan and Report and the Monthly (quantitative), quarterly and annual quantitative and narrative progress reports. Coordinate with project program personnel and consortium partners to ensure timely compilation and reporting of results for required indicators. Perform analysis of data to inform Team Leader on program planning. Liaise with the Drop-In-Centers, consortium partner office team to ensure that the consortium lead fulfills all reporting requirements to management agency (SCI) according to established deadlines.
- Coordinate with and provide technical advice, direction or assistance to consortium partners to ensure that partners’ activity targets are well coordinated and in line with the project performance monitoring plan. Work with the program personnel to ensure that all relevant concerns are complying with GF-FR requirements for performance monitoring and reporting. Take a lead role in developing and facilitating regular communication and feedback with consortium partners on strategic information issue.
- 2. Collaboration and Communication Responsibilities: Time Dedication: 25%
- The M&E Specialist participates individually, and in groups, in the development and implementation of capacity building and other participatory activities for project staffs that serve to broaden the knowledge and practice of effective M&E of project activities. Individually, and as a part of a group, the Specialist provides leadership in the development and documentation of effective tools and approaches for M&E.
- Work together with management agencies, ASP/DGHS, and other key stakeholders to support the strengthening of key government systems at the national, district, and community level. This includes attending technical working group meetings on related issues.
- 3. Other Duties as Assigned:
- Time Dedication: 5%
- Performs other assignments as required to reinforce capacity of Light House staffs and help plan M&E strategies for new business as required.
- Bachelor of Social Science (BSS)
- A university degree in a discipline appropriate to the position specialization is required such as social science, statistics, mathematics, demography, public health, or an equivalent job-related field.
- At least 5 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s):
- Age at most 45 years
- Prior Work Experience:Minimum five years of progressively responsible job-related professional-level experience in monitoring and evaluation (M&E) systems, evaluation of program/project/activityimplementation, in direct program/project/activity management. At least two years of this experience in the field of HIV prevention and which included project design, performance monitoring, and/or the analysis and interpretation of large amounts of data, is desired. Experience in managing The Global Fund supported program and community information system (CIS)/integrated management information system (IMIS)is highly desirable.
- Post Entry Training:Familiarization training in The Global Fund supported program specific procedures, reporting requirements, and systems, and orientation working from a donor agency perspective, will be provided. Training to maintain professional capability in the field as appropriate; and, courses, seminars, conferences, and other activities in fields related to the function and needed to maintain and update professional qualifications as they become available, subject to availability of funds.
- Language Proficiency:Must be able to communicate effectively in both written and spoken English at a professional level.
- Job Knowledge:The Specialist must have a good knowledge of M&E systems of The Global Fund supported program and CIS/IMIS. In addition, the quick learning ability and proactiveness are desired for this position. The Specialist must have knowledge and understanding of the organization and roles of the different levels in order to maintain effective communication and coordination. A strong working knowledge of project management procedures, policies and practices, especially in the health and HIV/AIDS field, is required. Good knowledge of on the targeted community is desired.
- Skills and Abilities:The Specialist should have demonstrated the ability to assume management and leadership roles. The Specialist must be resourceful, have good judgment, and have the ability to work diplomatically with persons from many backgrounds. The work requires a user-level ability to work with computers and common software programs. Ability to work under pressure, to prioritize work, and to meet tight deadlines is required. Must be able to communicate clearly with a wide range of partners.
- -POSITION ELEMENTS
- Supervision Received:The incumbent will work under the general supervision of the Team Leader, Light House Consortium. Daily supervision is minimal and routine work should be performed independently with little instruction. Employee should be able to identify and solve problems as they arise. The supervisor makes assignments in terms of overall objectives and resources available. Completed work is reviewed in terms of achievement of, and effectiveness in meeting, objectives. The Specialist is expected work in a collegial manner, and to exercise considerable autonomy and judgment in discharging the duties of the assignment.
- Available Guidelines:Agency correspondence, manuals, PMP, monitoring frame work, Light House policy policies/guidelines and supervisor’s instructions. Guidelines are often general in nature and not specific to the situation at hand, requiring considerable interpretation.
- Authority to Make Commitments:Within the scope of the assignment, the M&E Specialist advises project office and consortium partner’s program personnel on courses of action to resolve implementation deficiencies. Within the scope of authority delegated, the Specialist may indicate to ranking Drop-In-Centersand make sure of sending specific recommended courses of action through Team Leader.
- Nature, Level, and Purpose of Contacts:Contacts are maintained in person, by phone, and by written communication with consortium staffs. Contacts will include routine administrative functions, as well as important issues regarding activity implementation, and the negotiation of corrective measures if needed. Contacts are typically to explain and coordinate project activities and objectives, secure cooperation, resolve problems, obtain or furnish information, and/or to persuade Team Leader staff and counterparts to take recommended actions and to accept recommendations.
Tk. 76000 (Monthly)
Compensation & Other Benefits
- As per Light house policy and project budget allocation.
Job date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 07:02:14 GMT
Apply for the job now!