ঢাকার চাকরির খবর
Job title: Programme Associate (Country Capacity Strengthening) SC6 Dhaka
Company: World Food Programme
Job description: .
Are you ready to change lives and save the lives of the world’s most vulnerable people?
If yes, this opportunity is for you!
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is a leading organization delivering food assistance and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. We also support governments of developing countries in their efforts to eliminate hunger and malnutrition by addressing the underlying causes and disparities in access to food and good nutrition to ensure that no one is left behind in line with the Agenda 2030, Sustaining Peace and Agenda for Humanity. WFP is particularly focused on Goal 2 (Zero Hunger) and Goal 17 (Partnerships). Delivering on our mandate of Zero Hunger requires us to have a diverse, inclusive and gender-balanced workforce.
The 2020 Nobel Peace Prize awarded to WFP is recognition that ending hunger is a critical first step towards global peace. WFP recognizes that one of the greatest contributions it can make to humanity is to provide a voice to the 690 million hungry people in the world. The Nobel Peace Prize gives us a platform to make their needs heard and to mobilize support for the assistance they need.
Through the adoption in 2015 of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) nations are increasingly taking the lead in sustainably improving the wellbeing of their populations and building their own capacities to design and deliver effective anti-hunger solutions. To fulfil its mission to end global hunger, and to support national governments in doing this, WFP provides nations with direct capacity to respond to hunger-when such capacity is missing or inadequate-or increasingly, facilitates national capacity to end hunger and improve food security by supporting national food security and nutrition systems and services.
The Programme Associate for School Feeding Country Capacity Strengthening is expected to demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to various queries relating to country capacity strengthening with only general guidance. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen operational problems relating to the implementation of country capacity strengthening activities as and when these might arise. Job holders are expected to manage resources and coach and coordinate support staff.To provide effective specialized support and technical analyses to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Assist the school feeding team to provide technical support and assist in the development and implementation of the school feeding country capacity-strengthening activities and processes supporting alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
- Assist the school feeding team to provide technical support and assist in the development and implementation of the school feeding direct implementation activities and processes, especially relating to innovations in school feeding in Bangladesh.
- Provide specialized project management support to specific and/or defined school feeding country capacity-strengthening activities to ensure that the various activities are performed within the established targets following WFP’s policies and procedures.
- Within the specific area of responsibility, compile data and support analysis and preparation of reports (e.g. capacity assessment findings, capacity strengthening implementation plans, resource utilization, programme status, performance) in order to support operational decision-making.
- Ensure and/or perform accurate, timely recording of data related to the implementation of the country capacity-strengthening portfolio (e.g. capacity assessments, participation figures as required by CCS monitoring output indicators) following corporate standards and guidelines for country capacity strengthening.
- Liaise with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing country capacity-strengthening activities.
- Coordinate and communicate with local partners as relevant to capacity strengthening initiatives and results.
- Review the work of other support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to contribute to delivering objectives to agreed standards and deadlines.
- Follow standard WFP procedures and guidance relating to due diligence and engagement with partners in a capacity-strengthening context.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of Graduation Degree in any related functional area.
Experience : 5 years of experience in related
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Bangla.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Has experience facilitating meetings and providing action-based follow-up.
- Has demonstrated use of excellent professional English report writing.
- Has led discrete projects to ambitious outcomes.
- Strong time management and project management skills.
- Has contributed to implementation of education, food security or nutrition programmes.
- Has observed or assisted with policy discussions.
- Comfortable working with Government counterparts.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Ability to develop and maintain networks with a variety of stakeholders;
- Emerging facilitation skills sufficient to support workshops and group discussions;
- Ability to convey an informed, humble and professional demeanour towards partners and stakeholders;
- Flexibility to adapt individual contributions to changing contexts and needs;
- Ability to participate in open dialogue and value diverse opinions, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment;
- Willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work;
- Ability to work independently in a timely and organised manner; and
- Ability to work in a team and multi-task as needed.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Type of Contract: Service Contract (SC) SC6
Duty Station: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Contract Duration: Twelve (12) months
No. of position: Three (03)
Monthly Salary: BDT. 114,638
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
13 April 2021
Female applicants and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organisation. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection & recruitment process, and for work-related needs upon joining the Programme. WFP has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, abuse of authority or discrimination. All selected candidates will, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that services.
Job date: Thu, 01 Apr 2021 02:26:55 GMT
Apply for the job now!