এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Project Coordinator-Humanitarian on contract basis
Job description: Job Context
- CWFD emerged from an emotional response to help women in need of reproductive health care counseling. The organization, originally named as “Concerned Women for Family Planning (CWFP), started its voluntary activities in 1974 to help the refuge coming to Dhaka city after the devastating famine of 1974. The organization was registered in 1975 with Directorate of Social welfare and formally launched its project activities in 1976 with only 5 female staff to cover an area of Dhaka city slum comprising around 50,000 people. For more information, please visit our website www.cwfd.org
- Vision Statement: Empower women, youths and adolescents to achieve gender equality and social justice within family and society.
- Mission Statement: CWFD is a non-political, non-profit voluntary organization run by women of Bangladesh to support, promote and protect the interest of women in Bangladesh by providing community-based health care, empower community to exercise their rights to eliminate social injustice, creating economic opportunities, empower under privileged youth of urban and rural population and develop human resources for a positive social change.
- Expected Programme Output(s): Girls, at risk of adolescent pregnancy, child marriage, or who are married, benefit from improved economic and life skills education opportunities, are protected from violence and able to access protection interventions and services across the development-humanitarian-peace building continuum.
- Programme background: Concerned Women for Family Development will receive funds from United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) to implement Adolescents and Youth Programme. This programme aims to address gender- based violence (GBV) in Bangladesh by establishing linkages to adolescents` sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) and gender equity, with a focus on engaging boys and improving relationship building skills. As a part of delivering adolescent friendly health services, the programme will create linkage for tele-counseling and referral services to different service providers on sexual and reproductive health and gender-based violence. The primary target groups of this helpline and adolescent friendly health service are adolescents aged 10-19 years. Also, covered the youths aged 20-24 years.
- For the national humanitarian response, Counselling through Alapon Helpline will be provided to Rohingya adolescents and adolescents in disaster prone districts. There will be a live Alapon session on the Radio Naf for adolescents in the Rohingya camp and in the host communities. Besides, 3000 MHM kits will be prepositioned and distributed during disaster period and youth leader would be mobilized and incentivized to raise awareness and disseminate lifesaving messages among adolescents during disaster focusing on GBV and child marriage.
- Name of the position: Project Coordinator-Humanitarian on contract basis
- Potential female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Job Duration: Up to 11 February 2023 and maybe extend depending on availability of fund.
- Job Summary: The Project Coordinator is responsible to support smooth implementation of the Humanitarian Programme activities by proper planning, and monitoring of the activities in a participatory way maintaining project cycle; preparing field office budget and budgetary control; staff development and management; establishing and maintaining networking, coordination with development project stakeholder; establishing and maintaining an effective reporting system.
- He/she will work under the direct supervision of the Head of Adolescent and Youth Programme of CWFD. In addition, s/he needs to maintain coordination with District Relief and Rehabilitation Officer and Upzila Nirbahi Officer of working district and upazilas. His/her place of posting will be at the CWFD Headquarter, Dhaka. He/she will spend around 50% time in the field.
- Program planning and implementation of project activities under the area of operation
- Manage the field-based team and oversee timely implementation of activities.
- Ensuring the implementation of emergency preparedness and response measures in view of monsoon and cyclone seasons, such as training the staffs and volunteer on emergency, preparedness, updating the regular Contingency Plan.
- Ensure representation of CERF AA Pilot Project and field level meeting, and share the information timely with UNFPA.
- Guide the Technical Officers in developing their wok plans and programme implementations.
- Generate idea for developing Information Education and Communication (IEC) materials.
- Staff Development and Management
- Supervise the staffs and assist them for improving performances and their career development.
- Undertake staff development training as part of the related project activities and undertake orientation, discussion sessions etc.
- Plan and implement staff performance appraisal as staff development mechanism.
- Document and fill up different checklists developed by the project for strengthening documentations.
- Ensure that the staffs are aware of the gender policy, child protection policy and following those in dealing with the colleagues and project participants.
- Ensure that an enabling environment is prevailing at the work place and staffs are working well enjoying equal opportunities irrespective of male and female.
- Monitoring and Evaluation of the project activities.
- Plan for the monitoring activities of the project as per project plan and need.
- Review the monitoring activities of the staff and gather the information, generate report for all concerned, and undertake corrective measures as per monitoring findings.
- Participate in internal evaluation process and take corrective measures as per findings of the evaluation report.
- Submit report to the Head of Adolescent and Youth Program, on the progress and achievements; also report on weak points and suggest solutions.
- Provide necessary supports to the evaluation team
- Liaison/coordination with all concerned.
- Ensure that project staffs determine and maintain liaison/coordination with the local level stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain liaison/coordination with other projects’/ departments within the organization.
- Establish and maintain liaison/coordination with the partner organizations, i.e, GOs, NGOs and donor agencies relevant to the project.
- Establish and maintain liaison/coordination with local administration at the district, Upazila and Union level. Maintain regular communication with District and Upazila Education Officer, Women and Children Affairs Officer, UNFPA, Health, Family Planning officers and service providers and local administration for smooth operation of the program activities.
- Preparation of different project reports.
- Keep all related project information in a way so that any information can be provided as per need of the management.
- Prepare periodical project achievement reports, narrative and formative highlighting project’s learning and challenges.
- Prepare project events report just after the event is held.
- Prepare project success stories and case studies.
- Other Duties Consistently and proactively monitor/assess the safety and security of field teams; promptly reporting concerns or incidents to Program Manager and liaising with community leaders and other external parties as required to maintain/enhance the security environment for staffs of the program, and any other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop GBViE programs.
- Post graduate from any recognized university
- Both males and females are allowed to apply
- Experiences on emergency responses will be preferred. Sound knowledge on Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights, and experienced in presenting project status in the high level meeting and workshop with the donors; GO & NGO officials; innovative, dynamic, hardworking and have good interpersonal relationship and ability to work in a team; experienced excellence in communication, liaison and collaborating with the GO/NGO officials; have knowledge about budget preparation, monitoring of expenses, report preparation at the different stage of the project; good knowledge on monitoring and evaluation activities, good communication skill in English and Bengali; good knowledge on staff supervision, good skills in computer operation especially with MS-Word, power point and spread sheet, internet and email applications; willing to work in pressure situation and interested to visit the remote areas of Bangladesh.
- Communication and Language Proficiency: Must be strong in independent communication in English and using internet and social media.
- Line of responsibility: The Project Coordinator is directly reportable to the Head of Adolescent and Youth Programme; and Executive Director.
- Zero tolerance: CWFD will adhere to the zero-tolerance policy or position and culture against all forms of abuses including sexual exploitation and abuse, torture, bullying etc. Each matter will be taken into full consideration and immediate action will be taken. Everyone in the organization, regardless of rank or position, will be held equally accountable
- BDT 63,888/- per month (including all other benefits).
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Expected salary: 63888 per month
Job date: Sat, 25 Jun 2022 02:49:54 GMT