এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Regional People Director
Company: Heifer International
Job description: Job Description
Heifer International (HI) started life as Heifers for Relief in 1944.Its founder, an Ohio farmer named Dan West, was a Church of the Brethren relief worker, who, working with Quakers and Mennonites, directed a program where hungry children were given rations of milk. He quickly came to realize that was just a short-term solution however and the gift of a cow that could provide milk long term for a family was the answer. West took the idea to his neighbors and to his church which led to the formation of the Heifers for Relief Committee in 1939 later to be approved by the U.S. Department of Agriculture to pursue the idea as a national project. The model has since evolved significantly and today, Heifer International has (India/Nepal/Bangladesh/Cambodia operations in 21 countries around the world, working alongside local farmers and business owners supporting them and their communities as they mobilize and envision their futures.
Since its inception, and today as a leading organization in the NGO community, Heifer has been recognized as a leading partner; one that provides hope and a secure future for so many and to date, Heifer International has helped close to 37 million farming families across the Americas, Africa and Asia. In the past five years alone, 2.7 million families have closed the living income gap or are close to doing so. Scaling Heifer International’s signature programs will support an additional 10 million people reach a living income by 2030. To achieve this, Heifer International relies on a her passionate, committed, and highly skilled staff.
Reporting to the Area Senior Vice President, with dotted reporting line to the Chief People Officer, the Regional People Director is a key member of Heifer’s Global HR Team as well as (the region)’s Leadership Team. Within such roll, the Regional People Director will participate in the development and lead the implementation of talent management, business planning, compensation and benefits, performance development, compliance and employee engagement initiatives that promote an optimum employee experience and enable HI design and deliver high-quality Signature Programs in collaboration with Heifer’s partnering communities within the region.
The Successful Candidate
To succeed in this role, you will have a track record in supporting and driving constant change within INGO project-based, matrix structure. You will have proven HR leader delivering operational excellence within the region with similar or larger INGOs and have the passion to implement global and regional strategic plans within your function and for the success of the other functions within the region. You will have a passion for developing people and have the independence to promote equity, inclusion, and coach leadership on managing sensitive people challenges. You are able to hold yourself accountable and build the capacity and motivate highly effective HR teams that are geographically scattered.
- · Partner with Global HR Team to develop and implement a Global Human Capital Strategy and contextualize it into annual work plan that is relevant to the Region’s/Area strategy.
- · Collaborate with Heifer International leadership within the region to build HI brand as an employer and develop staffing plans to attract and hire high-quality people needed for successful implementation of existing and future Signature Programs within the region.
- Partner with the Global Talent Development function to provide individual-based development experience and introduce trainings that promote HI’s culture, supplement skill needs, promote compliance, enhance team morale, and improve organizational performance in support of 2030 goal.
- Provide leadership and support to country program HR teams, and supervisors in hiring high-quality staff, understanding and implementing HI policies and practices related to performance, discipline, safeguarding, positive employee relations and related topics.
- Collaborate with Global HR Team and Risk Management Division in reviewing claims, performing self-audits across the region, and addressing areas of development.
- Work with Global Compensation and Benefits Director to develop, constantly benchmark, and implement the organization’s compensation and benefits systems within the region to achieve Heifer’s Total Rewards philosophy in support of the organization’s strategic goals.
- Manage international staff (expatriate and Third-Country Nationals) recruitment, onboarding, compensation administration including allowances, and internal mobility and relocations in line with HI policies.
- Promote a culture of respect that celebrates diversity, equity, and meet the organization’s duty of care towards its people. Proactively assess and address culture and work environment concerns.
- Achieve Operational Excellence within the HR function by delivering high-quality HR operations across Heifer’s field offices and projects.
- Hold oneself accountable for achieving Regional HR goals and provide support to field/project HR teams to achieve their objectives.
- Lead, develop, and support cross-national knowledge sharing, and ensuring capacity building of staff within the region, actively participate in region wide HR community network.
· BA/BS degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or another related field. Continued HR education, recognized HR Certifications are major plus.
· A minimum of 10 years of experience in HR Management required with at least (3) three years of HR leadership within the region and with reputable INGOs.
· Successful management/ leadership experience.
· Thorough understanding of the Region’s labor markets and culture.
· Experience in high-growth and large projects staffing and employment life-cycle management.
· Must possess a high level of integrity and credibility. Be comfortable operating managing and building teams within a matrix structure.
· Self-motivated individual that will continuously look for opportunities to improve processes.
· Collaborative, team-oriented mindset with strong verbal and written communication skills. English language fluency is required. And fluency in (language) is a plus.
· Self-motivated, agile, and detail-oriented leader with exceptional organizational, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
· Masters’ degree in related field
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands:
· Build and deliver professional HR expertise to bring value to the organization.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work cooperatively, tactfully, and diplomatically with a culturally diverse group of people.
· Ability to work independently and perform multiple tasks with limited supervision.
· Applies sound personal judgement in dealing with sensitive or critical information.
· Willingness and ability to travel extensively for meetings.
· Ability to sit and/or stand for a long period of time.
· Working with sensitive information and always maintaining confidentiality.
About the Organization
Heifer International has set a goal to help 4 million families within the communities where we work achieve living incomes by 2020. This income will allow them to educate their children; feed themselves adequately every day; and have proper housing, water, hygiene and other essential resources.
To apply, visit
- Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identify, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Apply now
Start your application
Applications for this position must be completed on the recruiting organization’s website.
Find more international development jobs and create alerts to have opportunities delivered to your inbox.
More Jobs from this Organization
North Little Rock, Arkansas, United States | Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
Nigeria | Kenya | Mexico | …
Nigeria | Mexico | Kenya | …
Mexico | Nepal | Nigeria | …
Job date: Sat, 10 Apr 2021 22:29:26 GMT