An application developer creates applications for web and mobile platforms and specific operating systems through programming languages. If you want to work in a challenging sector, you need to be skilled in teaching something new in a short period of time.
An app developer at a glance
General Title: App Developer, Application Developer, Mobile Application Developer
Category: Information technology
Organization Type: Public, private, private firms/companies
Career type: Full-time, part-time
Level: Entry, Mid, Top
Possible experience limits at entry level: 0 – 2 years
Possible average salary at entry level: 25,000 – 35,000
Possible age at entry level: Institutional
Key Skills: Coding, clear idea about cross-platform app development
Special Skills: Analytical ability, problem-solving skills
Questions about the job of an app developer
- Where does an app developer work?
- What is the job of an app developer?
- What are the qualifications of an app developer?
- What skills and knowledge does an app developer need to have?
- Where to learn app development?
- What is the monthly income of an app developer?
Where does an app developer work?
- In a government organization or project, such as a project to create a government service application
- In a private organization or project
- In banking and financial services institutions
- In IT service providers
- In an outsourcing firm
- In a company that manufactures digital products / services
What is the job of an app developer?
- Gather information about application features and other details (such as operating system)
- Determining programming languages and other technical aspects based on the information collected
- Create and test the initial version of the application by coding according to the design
- Fix any errors in the initial version of the application
- Arranging app releases for specific operating systems (e.g. uploading apps to the Google Play Store)
- Update the app regularly
What are the qualifications of an app developer?
Institutional degrees in Computer Science / Engineering or Information Technology are usually sought.
App development is a field where it is more important to have your work skills than a degree. Many create effective projects by programming as a hobby. In this case, they can get a job without a degree.
What skills and knowledge does an app developer need to have?
The type of technical knowledge depends on the project. The following skills can be used as general examples:
- Programming language: C ++, C #, Java
- Application Programming Interface (API): Android, Apple iOS, Windows
- Cyber security
- Graphical user interface (GUI) design
Non-technical skills required –
- Ability to solve problems in a creative way and logically
- Analytical ability, which can help in observing the nuances
- Having the mentality of working on your own as well as working with others
- Ability to handle different types of work together
Where to learn app development?
Various public and private universities in Bangladesh offer undergraduate and postgraduate courses in computer science / engineering and information technology. Such as:
- Bangladesh University of Engineering (BUET)
- University of Dhaka
- Military Institute of Science and Technology
- BRAC University
- Ahsanullah University of Science and Technology
- Shahjalal University of Science and Technology
Apart from this you can take training on app development from several organizations. Such as:
- Bahubrihi.com’s Android App Development Online Course
- BASIS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY AND MANAGEMENT (BITM) Professional Android Application Development Course
- App Development Course at Creative IT Institute
What is the monthly income of an app developer?
19,000 – 22,500 according to ninth grade in the government case. At the entry-level in the private sector, the monthly income of an application developer can be 25,000 – 35,000. As experience increases, the salary increases manifold.
If you are a skilled app developer and do outsourcing, the income will be determined on the basis of the project. You can also get millions of taka for creating complex applications. However, there is no alternative to having a good portfolio.