সিলেটের চাকরির খবর
Job title: Head of Technical School
Job description: Job Context
To lead and ensure efficient and effective management of the Technical School in accordance with programme strategies and policies, approved curriculum in line with UCEP Bangladesh`s values, vision, mission, goals and relevant country laws.
- To contribute implementing UCEP Bangladesh’s values, vision, mission and goals, and development of future strategy documents as needed.
- To contribute to develop and ensure implementation of a business plan with short, medium and long term strategic plans and business goals for transforming the Technical School as a social enterprise. In this regard, ensure local resource mobilization and stipend for disadvantaged children as per management guideline.
- To ensure accessibility of Technical School premise for Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) by implementing a work plan developed through comprehensive assessment.
- To ensure increase in number of disadvantaged children specifically PWDs etc.
- To ensure conducive and inclusive learning and working environment and promote a culture which tangibly reflects the values of UCEP Bangladesh.
- To ensure adherence of Decent Work Standards and compliances as relevant for the Technical School premise.
- To ensure that the Technical School has a safe and secure learning environment for students and staff. Ensure all relevant policies are understood and adhered to in this regard e.g. Policy on Prevention of Sexual Harassment, Gender Policy, Safety and Security Policy, Child Protection Policy etc.
- To orient students and staff about UCEP Bangladesh Strategy, including its values, vision, mission and goals with guidance from supervisor.
- To set high standards in personal, social and academic achievement throughout catchment communities of the Technical School.
- To ensure transparency, integrity and other governance and compliance principles in regard to Technical School management and operations.
- To take a leadership role in mentoring, coaching and training of the teaching and training staff for achieving high quality of technical education and training.
- To ensure availability of necessary resources for delivering quality programme.
- To take necessary steps to market the UCEP Bangladesh’s programme to the local and regional community.
- To lead the process of developing communication material (success stories, case studies, wall magazines) and ensuring dissemination with guidance from supervisor.
- Ensure proper functioning of Students Councils; provide necessary guidance; organize and chair Monthly Feedback Meetings and provide updates at RMT meetings for follow up of issues.
- To contribute to promote and ensure branding compliance of UCEP Bangladesh.
- To maintain effective communication with UCEP Bangladesh at Head Office, Regional Offices and other relevant entities including strategic partners.
- To conduct class as necessary and provide supportive guidance.
- To ensure students’ enrolment targets of the Technical School.
- To ensure high quality teaching-learning and improvement in academic results through establishing effective supervision and monitoring mechanism using modern technology based software.
- To introduce innovative methodologies and ensure learner-centered teaching-learning processes and prescribed learning outcomes.
- To conduct different exams for students at Technical School and ensure timely dissemination of exam results.
- To supervise Technical School activities on a regular basis for ensuring quality of services and overall management of the Technical School.
- To proactively introduce tech-based business solutions for increasing efficiency in management of Technical School. Coordinate with relevant departments in this regard e.g. ICT and Business Solutions etc.
- To proactively identify use of technology and innovative approaches in teaching-learning processes and introduce in schools.
- To assess changes in industry in relation to technology based functions for adaptation of curricula.
- To contribute to promote and ensure branding compliance of UCEP Bangladesh.
- To contribute to prepare annual plan and budget of the Technical School and ensure its effective and efficient implementation in a complaint manner.
- To contribute to ensure gradual sustainability of the Technical School.
- To ensure development of periodic procurement plan and its efficient and effective implementation.
- To lead the performance appraisal of all staff of the Technical School & contribute to develop action plan for their professional development.
- To ensure that the Technical School has a safe and secure learning environment for the students & staff.
- To ensure cleanliness and hygiene within the Technical School premises.
- To ensure proper recreation of students and staff; plan and organize different events including national days (International Mother Language Day, Independence Day, Victory Day, Bengali New Year etc.) and co-curricular activities (e.g. Painting, Debate, Dance, Music, Recitation of Poems, Annual Sports etc.) in this regard.
- To contribute to preserve and promote national heritage by offering at least one handicraft class based on a traditional craft of the locality.
- To ensure proper management of the Technical School (assets, legal, human resource, insurance, audit etc.)
- To ensure proper maintenance and use of school library.
- To plan and host various visit of donors, management, government, SMT, media and others.
- To actively participate in Regional Management Team (RMT) meetings and other purposes.
- To keep all kinds of records and ensure timely reporting.
- To ensure availability of necessary material, equipment; and functioning of all utilities for the proper maintenance and management of the technical school.
- To maintain an effective inventory system for all assets, supplies, materials and equipment.
- To develop and administer the routine, session plans and coordinate all activities within the School.
- To identify gaps/problems and recommend changes which will lead to improved administration, supervision and opportunity for development of the Technical School.
- To encourage and initiate continued improvement in curricula, teaching and training methods in cooperation with the skills specialists, industry experts, BTEB, ISCs, Employers Committee of UCEP, Skills Planning Committee etc.
- To support implementation of RPL & CBTA.
- To maintain effective communication to keep the staff, students, parents and other stakeholders properly informed.
- To maintain liaison with government bodies to ensure affiliation, training materials, permissions, approvals and other requirements as and when necessary.
- To ensure positive environment for students with any type of impairments or disadvantaged socio-economic background.
- To establish and maintain an effective grievance management mechanism which ensures necessary protection to victim.
- To maintain discipline within classroom and school premise and take necessary action in this regard.
- Promote and contribute to ongoing efforts towards gender equity & equality, child/staff protection & safeguard, inclusiveness, accessibility and discrimination free environment in the workplace and operations/activities/plans. In applicable cases, ensure that necessary budget allocation is there and in KPIs these issues are reflected regarding employees under supervision.
- To maintain strict confidentiality of information, documents and other internal and external communications.
- To carry out any other relevant tasks assigned by the UCEP authority as and when necessary.
- B.Sc in Engineering (preferably in Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, Textile, Industrial and Production).
- At least 6 year(s)
- Age at most 45 years
- Minimum 6 years of working experience as Head of Technical School / Principal of a Technical School or Institute.
- CBTA certification would be added advantage.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Excellent Communication skills both in English and Bangla.
- Self-motivated, adaptable, team player and passion for social development works.
- Willingness to transfer at any place where UCEP Bangladesh has its activities.
- Management has the right to make exceptions based on qualifications.
Compensation & Other Benefits
- As per policy of UCEP Bangladesh.
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Job date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 05:14:34 GMT
Apply for the job now!