এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Technical Manager Legal, A2J
Job description: Job Context
- Reporting to : PRoL Coordinator
- Department : Protection and Rule of Law (PRoL)
- Expected Start Date : At Earliest
- Contract length : Till 31st May 2022 (with possibility of extension subject to funding, program needs and performance of incumbent)
- Purpose: The Technical Manager Legal will be responsible for provision of technical guidance and oversight of the legal services component of IRC`s PROL programming across the camp and Host community. This will include leadership of internal and external legal capacity building activities, and the identification and analysis of legal trends and issues of concern. (S)He will also be in charge of ensuring coordination with IRC Partner in Host community. The Legal Manager will undertake coordination with other legal actors at camp and host community, as well as supporting local-level coordination with legal actors, as needed.
- Technical Guidance:
- Provide technical support to Legal partners to ensure quality of Legal services delivered.
- Undergo regular visits to the field offices to provide technical support to IRC Partners to ensure adherence to standards.
- Lead the development of legal information training materials for legal officer and provides follow up support and guidance to them.
- Develop effective training materials in line with IRC technical best practices and standards.
- In cooperation with the Sr. Protection manager devises broader legal services programming strategy.
- In cooperation with the Protection Managers ensure mainstreaming of legal information within the IRC PROL program and support integration of programming.
- Review donors’ and legal reports produced related to the provision of legal services to ensure technical accuracy achievement of indicators and legal analysis/trends.
- Serve as PROL liaison person with IRC implementing Partner in Host community.
- Leads on the development of documents informing of latest legal development and impact at the national level to streamline access to justice services.
- Maintain up-to-date familiarity with all relevant provisions of National laws and regulations.
- Clearly define the training needs of the Partner legal team and ensure they are able to access training and professional development resources appropriate to their skill gaps/needs.
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions including staff development plans.
- Representation, Coordination & Advocacy:
- Forge connections with counterparts including INGO, Local NGO, governmental and other non-governmental partners.
- Collaborate closely with other program departments in order to ensure that linkages between programs are made and programs gain from training best practice.
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB)/ Master of Laws (LLM)
- At least 3 year(s)
- At least three (3) years of prior professional experience as a practicing lawyer or in a position where legal advice, counseling and assistance was frequently provided to vulnerable clients.
- Experience working for an international organization is preferred.
- Experience providing legal counseling and assistance on issues including HLP, employment law, civil status and criminal issues.
- Experience interacting with judicial, security and administrative authorities.
- Good protection background and knowledge of refugee context, as well as demonstrated ability to identify and refer vulnerable cases, is desirable.
- Experience in external representation and coordination.
- Experience in delivering trainings and capacity building. Strengths in listening, empathy, flexibility, and creativity.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills in English Language.
- Strong knowledge in International Law (Refugee law, Human Rights, IHL).
- Strong management and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently.
- Excellent ability to interpret, analyze and synthesize information in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent knowledge of the Bangladesh legal system, its external partners and processes is strongly preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills, timeliness, ability to determine priorities and great attention to detail.
- Proactive, flexible, team spirited and willing to learn.
- Good computer skills including proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent drafting and verbal communication skills in both English and Local Chittagonian
Cox’s Bazar (Ukhia)
- Competitive Base Pay with Fringe Benefits (As per IRC National Pay Scale in Bangladesh)
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Location: Ukhia, Chittagong
Job date: Fri, 14 May 2021 06:23:23 GMT