এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: BANGLADESH – FIELD COORDINATOR (H/F) – TEKNAF
Company: Solidarités International
- Job number: SRH04483
- Domaine de competence: Regional Coordination / Head of Mission
- Statut: Salarié
- Type de poste: Overseas missions
- Country: Bangladesh
- Contract Type: Short term contract
ABOUT THE MISSION
Desired start date: 02/01/2022
Duration of the mission: 6 months
Location: Teknaf, Bangladesh
SI opened its mission in Bangladesh at the end of 2007, following cyclone SIDR. Today, SI’s intervention and strategy in Bangladesh is to address the primary needs of crisis-affected people in terms of: food security, livelihood (FSL), disaster risk reduction (DRR), water, hygiene and sanitation (WASH) and shelter, through an integrated disaster risk reduction approach; and by taking into account the effects of climate change; whilst working in parallel on mid-long term resilience strategies. The coordination is based in Dhaka.
The mission’s 3 key strategic objectives for 22-25 are:
- Effective response to recurrent shocks (epidemics, natural disasters), through preparedness, responsiveness and outreach
- Inclusion and protection mainstreaming to ensure a better access to humanitarian aid and services
- Resiliency of vulnerable communities to recurrent shocks ; and community-led advocacy for responsiveness, accountability and transparency in the access to resources
Mission forecasts for 2022:
- Budget: EUR 1,2 million.
- Main donors : GAC, UNHCR, WFP DRR, CDCS
- Staff : 24 (national and international)
- Bases : 3
To learn more about the Bangladesh mission, please click .
ABOUT THE JOB
The Field Coordinator has the role of delegated Country Director for a region of a country in which SI intervenes. As such:
- He/she proposes a regional strategy according to the geopolitical and humanitarian context, and ensures its implementation once validated.
- He/she checks and ensures that projects are carried out in accordance with SI charter, respecting all internal and contractual procedures
- He/she mobilizes the material and financial resources necessary for programs to run smoothly, and supervises resource management.
- He/she coordinates the teams in place and is responsible for their security and safety in his/her assigned zone.
- He/she is the Country Director’s direct contact and representative
Objectives in Teknaf
- Supporting the operationalization of the mission-wide & multi-sectoral Emergency Preparedness and Response Plan (EPRP)
- Response to the protracted Rohingya crisis with equitable WaSH & FSL basic services delivery through integrated programming for both host and refugee communities
- Strengthening the resilience of vulnerable communities to recurrent shocks and community-led advocacy for responsiveness, accountability and transparency in the access to resources
Forecasts for 2022:
- Budget: EUR 1 million.
- Staff : 19 (17 national and 2 international, including the field co)
- Direct reports for the Field Co : 6
- Reports directly to the CD in Dhaka
- Internal level:
- The Teknaf base went through different phases of downsizing in 2021 : the new field co will now stabilize the base and team dynamic
- Maintaining coordination and communication between the base and coordination, particularly in sharing information and ensuring regular visits.
- External level:
- Complex local socio-political context which requires strong analytical and diplomatic skills
- Engaging local authorities, maintaining relationships with donors and secure new funds
Education: Post graduate level in related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of international experience in a humanitarian or development NGO in support sector, ideally with additional program experience;
- Proven experience in conflict/post-conflict contexts
- Previous experience as Field Coordinator is compulsory (no first mission/position)
- Proven experience as an efficient and effective manager (experience with expatriate management and large national staff management)
- Excellent capacity building and staff follow up skills
- Experience and reliability in handling budgets and logistics procedures
- Experience in project cycle management as well as in budget, HR and logistics management (to understand how a base functions)
- Previous experience in Bangladesh is an asset
- Previous experience with SI is strongly appreciated
- Strong log experience is an asset
- Exceptional organizational and coordination skills
- Strong negotiation skills are essential with experience in conflict resolution desirable
- Very good representation skills: ability to liaise with local authorities, NGOs, other agencies and donors
- Good understanding of humanitarian challenges including the link between refugees and Host Communities
- Knowledge of SI rules, tools and procedures is an asset
- Ability to multitask and deal with stressful situations
- Strong diplomatic and smooth leadership skills are essential
- Skills in creating and developing a good working environment and team cohesion
- Organization, rigor and ability to meet deadlines
Language: Bilingual in English mandatory
SI WILL OFFER YOU
A salaried position
A salary of minimum of EUR 2860 gross salary / month (EUR 2600 base salary + 10% annual leave) + a monthly Per Diem of USD 450 / month.
SI covers accommodation costs and travel expenses between the expatriate’s country of origin and the place of assignment.
The Field Co will be sharing a guesthouse with other international staff.
During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of 7 working days every 3 months. For a one-year assignment, the expatriate will have a 7 working days break at 3, 6 and 9 months (with USD 850 allocated by SI).
In addition to these, SI adds 1 additional rest day per month of work, i.e. 12 additional days off for a one-year contract.
Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which covers all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system, including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
The office and guesthouse in Teknaf are comfortable and safely located. They ensure good standard in terms of privacy and comfort. However, it is important to mention that the city is quite polluted, and can get very busy and thus noisy.
Teknaf is located right next to the longest beach in the world: surfers are welcome.
Please note that the Bangladesh mission is adapting its way of working and living to minimize the exposure to COVID19, in constant monitoring and adaptation to the context evolution. This include social distancing and strict hygienic rules, such as handwashing, wearing a mask etc.
Please send us your CV and cover letter in English.
If you have already been technically validated by SI on the FC position, please mention it.
NB: the vacancy may close before the deadline.
To learn more about SI, please visit our .
Location: Teknaf, Chittagong
Job date: Sat, 23 Oct 2021 00:10:02 GMT