এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Finance Officer
Job description: Job Context
- Special Olympics Bangladesh (SOBD) is a non-governmental voluntary organization, whose goal is to help bring all persons with intellectual disabilities into the larger society under conditions whereby they are accepted, respected and given the chance to become useful and productive citizens. SOBD was established on 29th July 1993 and its current Constitution was revised and adopted at its Annual General Meeting held on 26th January 2019. Special Olympics Bangladesh is an affiliate of Special Olympics International (SOI) and is also registered with the Bangladesh NGO Affairs Bureau
- In order to ensure that its accounts are maintained properly, SOBD is seeking to recruit a Finance Officer. The incumbent shall also ensure that SOBD complies with the statutory requirements of the Government of the People`s Republic of Bangladesh, as well as financial and reporting requirements of both SOI and NGO Affairs Bureau.
- Reporting and Supervision:
- The Finance Officer shall report directly to the National Director and, through him, to the Treasurer and the SOBD Board. He shall be assisted by an Accountant, who shall work under his supervision and guidance. Other SOBD office staff shall also assist him as and when required.
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles.
- Ensure that proper and effective accounting system are maintained for the recording of all financial information.
- Ensure that the Accountant maintains the Cash Book, Ledgers and related books of accounts.
- Ensure proper filing of all financial documents and preservation as per SOBD’s policies.
- Verify accuracy, validity, legitimacy of the purchase documents (work orders, invoices, authorities’ approval) before payments are made by the Accountant.
- Review and ensure the correctness of monthly accounts, and cash & bank reconciliations for timely submission into SOBD’s accounting system.
- Ensure that supporting documentation and finance procedures are compliant with SOBD and Donor requirements.
- Maintain all VAT related register.
- Maintain all the statutory compliance as per Income Tax Ordinance 1984, VAT and SD Act 2012 and other rules and regulation.
- Ensure the payment of Tax and VAT in due time and collect certificates of all payments.
- Submit monthly, half yearly and yearly VAT returns.
- Submit SOBD’s Annual Tax Returns in due time.
- Submit employee salary tax related information to the respective Tax Offices.
- Maintain all Tax and VAT forms in-accordance with NBR directives.
- Ensure proper yearly auditing of the accounts of Special Olympics Bangladesh by the Audit Firm appointed by the Board.
- Maintain liaison with banks, insurance companies, financial institutions and NGO Affairs Bureau.
- Coordinate with National Director, Project Team and Office Executives to ensure proper planning, budgeting of Special Olympics Bangladesh activities and project activities as per Instructions by the SOBD Board.
- Assist the Treasurer and National Director in the production of periodic and year-end financial reports.
- Carry out any other responsibilities as given by the Chairman, Treasurer or National Director.
- MBA or M. Com or equivalent in Finance or Accounting from a reputable University. In case of exceptional candidates and those who have completed course with a recognized Chartered Accountancy firm, the minimum qualifications may be relaxed.
- At least 5 year(s)
- The Finance Officer shall be dynamic and should be able to work with minimum supervision. He should have excellent communication skills in both Bangla and English and must demonstrate leadership qualities and maturity to develop a successor. He should be fully conversant with the Government’s statutory requirements as applicable to NGOs. He should also meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Minimum five years’ work experience in Finance or Accounting department.
- Experience in working with an NGO will be preferred.
- Extensive skills in using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Experience in working with any Accounting software would be an advantage.
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Job date: Sat, 05 Sep 2020 06:39:52 GMT
Apply for the job now!