রাজশাহীর চাকরির খবর
Job title: Research Assistant
Job description: The Field based Research Assistants provides technical assistance to support the activities of project fields offices that include: conduct the various gender and other studies in the field, Training of Trainers (TOT) and other training for partners and farmers, links with Feed dealers and other private sector actors to support business development and entrepreneurship within Rajshahi and Rangpur Division. This will be focused on increasing smallholder income, diversifying diets, and empowering women. This position will under the guidance of the Divisional Administrator and with close association and discussion with the other Team members e.g., Aquaculture Specialist, Feed & value chain specialist, MEL, Training Specialist, Gender Specialist, Nutrition Specialist and the overall guidance of Deputy and Project Leader. S/he is responsible to work towards achieving
Result #1: Increased productivity and diversity of fish production systems of the project and to engage with team members and partners to support
Result #2 Increase stakeholder access to quality input and services
Result #3 Improved market linkages
Result #4 improved dietary diversity and consumption
Result #5 Women’s empowerment
- Assist to assess the productivity, social and economic performance of existing aquaculture systems across the agro-ecologies of Rajshahi / Rangpur Divisions.
- Strong linkage with Local Service Providers (LSPs) to support the private sector particularly feed dealers, hatcheries and nurseries.
- Assistance to implement the interventions for improvements in aquaculture through practicing the SOPs/BMPs.
- Conduct and /or assist the training of project partners and other participants at the field level and stake holders.
- Support to the market assessment team to develop business plans and strategies for scaling of aquaculture improvements via private sector businesses and networks.
- Developed and good relationship and proper liaison with DoF, the private sector and other partners at local level.
- Collaboration with other Team members (Aquaculture, market, nutrition, gender, and MEL) on implementation of activities to achieve impacts on smallholder income, gender and diets at scale.
This job is open to Bangladesh Nationals with the following skills and qualifications:
- Master’s or Bachelor Degree in Fisheries or Biological Sciences
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in research and extension in the fisheries field, preferably in the aquaculture, private and business sector or related discipline.
- Field based experience in conducting demonstrations, training and other field extension activities.
- Experience in conducting field-based assessments.
- Knowledge in application of gender-sensitive value chain approaches, M4P or similar programs and 4 or more years of experience in market-based programs.
- Knowledge of the various smallholder and commercial aquaculture systems in use in Bangladesh- particularly those of importance to the NW of Bangladesh.
- Proven English report and scientific writing skills as well as ability to use computer fluently.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills and expertise with the ability to work independently.
- Strong interpersonal and team skills, with the ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Experience with quantitative or qualitative research methods.
- Entrepreneurship, business management and private sector investment networks and experience.
- Experience in working with women’s empowerment and nutrition in small scale aquaculture.
- Experience in working with digital tools for e-learning and/or business development.
- Valid motorcycle licenses.
This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position with annual salary ranging between BDT 624,700 – BDT 662,745 per annum. WorldFish NRS shall receive comprehensive benefits including (but not limited to) insurance coverage for staff and eligible dependents, and pension / provident fund contribution.
Eligibility, Location and Duration
This position will be based at WorldFish’s Office in Rajshahi, Bangladesh. Interviews are expected to be held in September 2020 and only shortlisted candidates will be notified and expected to attend the interview. The successful candidate should be available to commence in September 2020 for an initial two (2) years and four (4) months fixed term contract, with the possibility of contract renewal depending on performance and funding availability.
How to apply
Interested applicants are invited to submit the following information online latest by 30 August 2020:
- A cover letter including a 2-page (max) description of why you are an ideal candidate and what you would bring to the role.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Names and contacts (telephone and e-mail addresses) of three professional referees who are familiar with your qualifications and work experience. Your nominated referees ideally should have persons from each of the following category: direct supervisor, head of HR and peer.
Screening will start immediately, and will continue until the position is filled. Due to the high volume of applicants for WorldFish positions, we appreciate all interest, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Our Gender, Diversity and Inclusion Commitment
WorldFish has seven offices across Asia, Africa and the Pacific, with more than 400 staff and 27 nationalities who contribute to a dynamic multicultural work environment.
WorldFish is committed to promoting a work environment where diversity and inclusion is valued and we seek to have gender balance in the organization. Our Leadership Team is 50/50 in terms of its gender split and 60% of our management cadre are women. We continue to seek diversity and gender balance across other dimensions and we support individual performance and potential in achieving our organizational goals and mission.
We are an equal opportunities employer and strongly encourage women and men from developing nations to apply.
Expected salary: 624700 – 662745 per year
Job date: Fri, 21 Aug 2020 22:07:14 GMT
Apply for the job now!