এনজিও চাকরির খবর
Job title: Safeguarding & Program Development Coordinator
Job description: Job Context
The Safeguarding & Program Development Coordinator`s primary focus will be to support all staff of Islamic Relief Bangladesh (hereinafter referred to as IRB) to ensure continuous improvements in reinforcing protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (hereinafter referred to as SEA). She will support IRB members as well as the Programs (and through them partners & sub-grantees) to foster a working environment that prevents and protects against SEA. This role covers Gender Mainstreaming, Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (hereinafter referred to as PSEA), and Child Protection ((hereinafter referred to as CP) in all IRB contexts (all IRB offices or wherever IRB employees work and within all Programs, including humanitarian crisis (FDMN) response). Under the overall supervision of the Country Director of IRB, and in close collaboration with the Head of Programs, Deputy Manager (HRM & OD), and Manager (ERC), the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting and tracking the progress of the implementation of the policy on Protection from SEA, CP & Gender. She will act as the country subject matter expert and will support the Manager/Focal of every Unit/Department/Program as well as other staff members to work together towards a country action plan in identifying & sharing internal/external best practices, harmonizing global policy & procedures, refining capacity-building materials, and reinforcing complaints mechanisms & best practice investigations methods. She will also coordinate with key external stakeholders, exchange learning with counterparts at peer organizations, and represent or support colleagues to represent & promote Islamic Relief in relevant external forums and contexts. In addition, the position will also be responsible for designing winning grant proposals following the strategical alignment of IRB`s Country Strategic Plan, be responsive to donors, and be technically sound besides ensuring Advocacy & Networking in line with organizational requirements.
- Systems strengthening, monitoring, and reporting-25%
- Ensure the process of improving prevention of SEA through HR policy & practices, develop standards on PSEA/CP, design communication materials, and conduct training courses for IRB employees, partners & other stakeholders in consultation with HRM & OD (Human Resource Management and Organizational Development) and other Programs/Departments;
- Develop effective strategies, systems, and procedures to respond to PSEA in coordination with Country Management Team;
- Strengthen Complaint Response Mechanism (CRM) through developing appropriate complaint channels, and guide to the country office on good practices of community-based complaints response mechanisms;
- Strengthen the capacity of staff in identifying PSEA cases, reporting & investigations, and standards on victim/survivor assistance;
- Ensure the presence of effective and consistent monitoring & evaluation mechanisms for PSEA/CP;
- Define, compile, and collect data related to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, Child Protection, and Sexual Harassment as lead and report-back both internally & externally;
- Provide technical support & mentoring to IRB staff and related stakeholders on conducting investigations and act as a resource person to help with the appropriate information, tools, and other resources as deemed necessary
- Technical support and capacity building-15%
- Provide technical advice, support, and mentoring to IRB staff and stakeholders in conducting difficult investigations, and act as a resource person to help source tools, resources and provide any relevant guidance;
- Create and maintain a PSEA/CP resource tool for ensuring systematic knowledge of IRB staff & stakeholders to prevent and empower them in responding to SEA;
- Lead, coordinate, support, and/or conduct gender & power analysis, effectiveness and efficacy studies, appraisal, evaluation, and needs assessments as required by programs;
- Assist in quantitative & qualitative assessments in targeted communities to assess the effectiveness of interventions and impact;
- Support delivery partners in understanding the role of gender equality and women’s economic empowerment for the program impact groups;
- Ensure gender equality and women’s economic empowerment criteria are well integrated into market-system approaches;
- Work closely with other Program Managers to integrate gender across all programmatic components;
- Facilitate and support a strong learning and knowledge-sharing community around gender-transformative practices amongst delivery partners/programs
- Fundraising and advocacy-10%
- Proactively identify advocacy opportunities, case studies, and research opportunities that link with wider organizational strategic objectives, and turn these into action.
- Collaborate closely with IRB’s Head of Program, Country Director, and External Relation & Communication Unit, for driving key advocacy messages related to PSEA, CP & Gender mainstreaming.
- Oversight of all aspects of IRB communications activity, comprising various project communications activity & other external communication work in a particular relation with PSEA, CP & Gender.
- Help in identifying an external branding/design organization to overhaul the IRB’s visual identity in particular association with PSEA, CP & Gender.
- Build and cultivate a strong relationship with government departments and relevant ministries and ensure that IRB is strategically engaged at relevant forums.
- Advice Country Leadership team in IR branding issue within the country and develop specific plan to strengthen IR brand in Bangladesh in the context of CP, Gender & PSEA interventions/issues.
- Program development-40%
- Ensure program quality including the full program cycle;
- Strengthen systems for proposal development & learning as well as write, fine-tune and submit high-value, strategic, and/or complex proposals to a range of donors;
- Set and track proposal development timelines and ensure coordination amongst relevant Unit/Program, MEAL, Finance, Human Resource Management & Development, and external stakeholders (if relevant);
- Ensure all expressions of interest, concept notes, and proposals are reviewed for quality assurance, approved according to internal IR processes, and submitted to donors in the required format and on time;
- Organize & lead project design workshops and consultation meetings with internal and external stakeholders;
- Identify partners in coordination with different Program Managers, support partner assessments, and draft teaming agreements;
- Review and synthesize key donor priorities to identify areas for IRB’s further growth;
- Coordinate the preparation of funding applications with donors such as ECHO, EC, DFID, Forum Syd, UN, etc. as well as internal donors;
- Cultivate long-term strategic partnerships with private sector stakeholders and peer development agencies;
- Develop fact sheets on program quality initiatives and best practices;
- Assess existing partners’ capacities & systems to manage and implement institutionally-funded programs, and jointly develop program & project funding proposals;
- Contribute to investing in partners’ capacities by jointly identifying funding needs, developing plans to strengthen capacities – proposal writing, program development, monitoring & evaluation, etc.-, or identifying sources of support;
- Work with partners to regularly assess the quality of the relationship, and ensure that effective communication channels are in place as well as funding-related issues are timely addressed
- Willing and able to travel frequently for extended periods to remote project areas;
- Support seasonal (Ramadan & Qurbani) & emergency response programs, if required;
- Perform any other duties assigned by country management;
- Being a member of Islamic Relief as a child-friendly organization, it is the core responsibility and obligation of each staff to understand and obey IR Child Protection & PSEA Policy and respond accordingly as and when required
- Work at office
- Masters degree in any discipline, Master of Development Studies (MDS), Master of Social Science (MSS)
- At least 10 year(s)
- Only females are allowed to apply
- Educational degree in human resources law, criminal law, investigation, gender-based violence will be added an advantages.
- 10 + years of relevant working experience, especially in compliance & ethics, investigative practice skills, familiarity with Safeguarding (PSEA & CP) & Gender, and experience in integrating compliance issue throughout an organization;
- Familiarity with protection operations in developing countries;
- Experience in non-profit compliance and policy implementation;
- Experience in working with program development, advocacy & networking
- Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrated experience in implementing a strategic initiative in an international organization;
- Experience of working with children and vulnerable adults;
- Expertise in undertaking difficult interviews & investigations, and ensuring survivor protection with sensitivity;
- Strong professional experience from a humanitarian/NGO setting with work-expertise in the field of sexual exploitation and abuse, protection, gender-based violence, staff misconduct and discipline, gender mainstreaming, and/or humanitarian affairs;
- Demonstrated experience in developing and delivering successful training sessions, facilitating meetings, and developing & implementing organizational procedures and protocols;
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, training, and presentation skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated experience of working as part of a virtual team;
- Demonstrated success of influencing decision-makers without formal authority, and of advocacy & networking;
- Solid organizational skills – Ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced multi-tasking team environment;
- Ability to be well organized and apply a flexible approach to work;
- Solid analytical skills, monitoring & evaluation capacity, and rapport building ability;
- Strong computer skills – skilled at MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and email/internet software;
- Familiarity with PSEA/CP/Gender and an understanding of the international context in which these issues impact IRB
- Language Skills: Fluency in English required, a second major language is highly desirable.
- Person with disability are encouraged to apply
Tk. 80696 – 90196 (Monthly)
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Mobile bill, Tour allowance, Provident fund, Weekly 2 holidays, Insurance, Gratuity
- Festival Bonus: 1
- Other Benefits Will be provided as per Organzaitional HR Policy
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Job date: Thu, 27 May 2021 01:55:09 GMT